“Excellent stay, good location & so many free activites”

and 1 more site!
Mosquito Hostel Krakow
Ranked #2 of 418 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Excellent stay, good location & so many free activites”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights, it was the cheapest place we stayed and one of the best.
The staff were so helpful, even with our early check in, they gave us tips and good places to go and what was happening arounf the hostel & krakow at the time of stay. We booked a few day trip with them (to Austwich & salt mines) and they were very helpful each time and gave us good advise.
We had a private double room, and it was very roomy. Location was good being a short walk to the town square and also across the road from a supermarket.
And the free thigs.. Free wifi, Free breakfasts, Free laundry, free dinners and free activities each night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had a great time at the Mosquito hostel. This is not a party hostel as such, but nonetheless it's a fantastic place to meet other young travellers and have a good time. Dinner and activities, as well as a pub crawl are organised every night. The best part is that almost everything is free - breakfast, dinner, laundry etc. The shared bathrooms/showers were always clean. There is even a small kitchen which anyone can use. The location of the hostel is quite good too, around 5 minutes walk from the train station and market square. I loved just about everything at this hostel, from the friendly reception staff to the free wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 29, 2013

WOW what a brilliant hostel on so many different levels.
First of of the facilities are fantastic, i had a share room with 3 friends of mine and the beds were very comfortable with new clean bedding.
Bathroom facilities were great and clean with great showers. Also the shared facility was quite good which i used from time to time when my friends were in our bathroom.
The best thing about this hostel is the atmosphere which in my opinion is lead by the staff that work here. They really are among the friendliest most helpful hostel staff ive ever experienced.
They just go over and above the call of duty, giving information and organising dinners, activities and nights out for guests. It was my birthday while i was there and they organised a cake and drinks for me before taking me and my friends out on a massive night out to bars we never would have known to go to. not just telling us where to go but showing us!!
Cant fault this place at all, definetely stay here when your in Krakow next.

Room Tip: its all good. just stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
mozziee, Manager at Mosquito Hostel Krakow, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Mick, That you for your great review and kind words.

We do our best to make sure everyone has a good time and feels like home at Mosquito Hostel.

Check out our facebook profile for latest photos and infos whats happening at the hostel

Have a happy travel !

Take care
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to quite a few hostels during my travels and nothing compares to my stay with the Mosquito Hostel in Krakow! If you could show a model hostel to other hostels and what they SHOULD do, I would pick the Mosquito Hostel to give great examples. From the great people that work there and who take a real genuine interest in what your needs are during your travels... to the cleanliness as well. Finally, a hostel where I'm not afraid of the sheets I'm sleeping in haha! The free breakfast was perfect, just what I needed and fresh! Free laundry was such a bonus for my friend and I that were traveling for a few weeks then. They have a place to hang your stuff near your bed as well. They have free dinners, which well...I didn't have great expectations for at first to be honest, but I was indeed wrong and was fed quite well and all the cooking is done by the receptionists of the hostel. So nice! The location is perfect. Not that Krakow is very big, but literally under a 5 minute walk (and very easy to follow direction wise) you are at the main square of the city. Nothing bad to say about my stay in this hostel and I have recommended it to all my friends so far!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about my experience at Mosquito. The staff was incredibly friendly and always willing to help; the breakfast included various meats, cheeses, vegetables, breads, cereals, yogurt, and great coffee; they have free dinner and free evening events such as vodka tasting; every night one of the staff members takes people out to various bars and clubs; there was free laundry; showers were clean and so were the bedrooms; noise level was relatively quiet; and I felt incredibly safe. The tours they offered were also really convenient, and it's location is perfect for exploring the beautiful city. We had an incredible weekend, I just wish I could have stayed longer. Go here, you won't regret it!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hostel had everything you could possibly need.
I stayed in a 10 bed dorm for 5 nights and it was great. The beds were comfortable and you got a duvet too. There are lockers in every room and power points close to beds.
There is a delicious free all you can eat breakfast which was always replenished. And every night the hostel staff would cook a free dinner for everyone who signed up. And it was always delicious.
I had a pretty bad throat infection and asked reception where the nearest doctor was and they called a doctor for me who came to the hostel.
Location is great, staff are amazing. I couldn't rave enough about this hostel!

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place is all you could ask for in a hostel. The place is very clean and modern. It's in a pretty convenient location (Just across the road from the old city centre), a 20 minute walk from the place will get you easily to the main sights, as well as most of the bars and restaurants.

Staff are helpful and fun, they usually join in for drinks and heading out on the town. Probably the coolest aspect of this place is it really encourages everyone to get together in the common room and hang out. Every night has some kind of group activity, and almost always ends in a bar crawl.

Krakow is a cool city, and undoubtedly a better experience if you're staying at mosquito.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends