“Excellent, Polish Food!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed February 9, 2013

In four days visited this wonderfully friendly restaurant situated in the main Krakow Square on two occasions. Very full on both trips, which was an indication of the high quality of food on offer, although there was a delay on one occasion in serving the main course. However, the wait was worth it because our meal was beautiful, and we visited again a couple of days later! Would recommend booking via your hotel, if staying in one, which saves a wasted trip and seeking out another suitable place to done!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ate here in January and we were not let down by it.

The food was mainly all of Polish decent. I had the Beef Tartar and the stuffed cabbage rolls for a main. The food was wonderful and everything you would expect from Polish food, tasty and incredibly filling! That being said the portions were just the right size, not too overpowering. And talk about cheap, I know Poland is cheap compared to the UK but me and my partner had a main and a starter and 2 drinks each all for under £20, and that was smack bang in the middle of the tourist area, and this was not no 2 for 1 pub grub either, this was all freshly made Polish fayre.

The atmosphere was great it was a Saturday night in Old Town Krakow and Everyone one was having a nice evening, no rowdy punters at all, mainly just locals and more pleasant tourists. There was a band playing folk music too which also added to the ambience of the place.

Great place, and if I am ever in Krakow again, I will eat here without hesitation.

1  Thank Prof-C-Bear
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and took the time to listen to what we liked before he gave a recommendation - which was spot on! The ambiance is delightful and the food was very good.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am local but I took our business friends there. We took plates of meats for 185 PLN + some side salads because for 185PLN there is still no salad included. We get some sausages, some chicken, 1 portion of ribs and A LOT of potatoes.Ribs were ok,but rest wasn't. Sausage probably a kind of 15PLN/kg.
Generally we spent almost 350PLN and there was nothing worth to remember. Definitely overpriced. I do not recommend.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent our last night in krackow here and while the food was good, we were very disappointed in the service of the staff, no smiles or friendly chatter unlike other restaurants that we had eaten in. Will not revisit because of the bad customer service! After our meal we walked past a waitress on the way out and not even a thank you or goodnight was said. If u want good food and great customer service go to aqua evino instead!