“Excellent way to see Krakow!”
Review of Krakow Bike Tour

and up
Evening 2h orientation Bike Tour of the Old Town and Wawel castle panorama
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our tour in numbers is: over 100 beautiful scenic photo opportunities, 30 min. refreshment break in the middle to ask all kinds of questions you may think of and make new friends, around 20 stops to cover the most important parts of the Old Town, the Jewish Quarter and the WWII Ghetto area. Approx 14 km of easy relaxed pace cycling on bike paths and quiet streets accompanied by our experienced guides, 4 hours of exciting sightseeing, 5 tons of laugh and fun, 2 wheels of modern bikes with comfy saddles and No. 1 fun activity in Krakow. Squeeze the juice out of your stay and add yourself to our daily cocktail of guided entertainment! All ages are welcome as this tour is a piece of cake for anyone. If you cycle - we cycle – rain (we provide ponchos), sun, snow (rarely). For your comfort the maximum group size is 25 pax and we provide 'safe cyclist' insurance package. Reservations are recommended.Our RENT-A-BIKE is open all year round. We also offer ghost tours, city walking tours and more! Check out our fun office on Grodzka street No2 (in the courtyard) !
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Because of intermittently poor weather, I didn’t book ahead for the city bike tour, but just showed up at their offices in the morning, which are easy to locate just off the main square. It was overcast and looked like rain, so I was the only person there for the 3+ hour tour, which started at 10am. I was concerned that they would cancel it with just one person, but I was pleased when Janina, the guide agreed to take me! I believe that this demonstrates the company’s devotion to keeping up a good reputation.

Since it was my own “private” tour, Janina was willing to tailor it to my requests, so I had a great time and really appreciated all her efforts to show me around the city. The basic trip is well outlined and represented on their web site. I wanted to concentrate on areas a bit further outside the city, so we spent most of the trip in Kazimierz and Podgorze. These areas are much better seen on bike and less crowded with tourists. Janina did a great job of giving me some history of Krakow and many legends, while showing me the principle sites. It was very enjoyable and I highly recommend a tour with her! It was so much better then taking a golf cart around the city by someone who isn't a guide and being overcharged for a canned commentary! Avoid the golf carts at all costs!!! and enjoy a little exercise and a fresh, lively explanation of the cities sites

If you are concerned about the biking; there really is very little of it! We biked short distances and then stopped for stories. The longest we were on the bikes continuously couldn’t be more then 10 minutes on almost completely flat streets, so this bike trip is very suitable for everyone who is willing to tackle the busy, tourist clogged streets in the main square and surrounding area! Beyond there, you hardly see a tourist! It’s really the perfect way to tour and the biking is very easy! At the end, don’t forget to tip the guide, they work very hard for the money and the 3+ hour bike trip at just 80 zl (about $27) is a real bargain! Enjoy your time in Krakow and many thanks to Janina for a great morning!

1  Thank AnnArborMHT
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Hello! Many thanks for your comment - i will pass your compliments to Janka! she is one of our best guides and always tries very hard to make a tour special for anyone. We are very glad to hear you had sucha great time :) Hopefully we wil see you in Krakow again!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was such a good experience. You get to hear about the history of Krakow, and visit lots of different places within the city. Despite the weather being very changeable we were provided with ponchos and the bike were of pretty good quality. I would definitely recommend this attraction to any other visitors.

Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Hello! Thanks for your comment. We do work on the weather as well. Every sunday we raise our hearts and pray for sunshine for our tours ;) I does not alway work though! ;))

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Krakow is old charm city with polish soul..you must be there with
bike..super feeling..

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Took the tour in may 2010. Bikes, guide and tour were great. Would recommend tour as fun and informative.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

After being fitted out at the shop on the main street just next to the Market Square and down an alley with very good bikes, our party consisting of my wife and I and two friends did the 4 hour guided trip of the wonderful city of Krakow.

It was a lovely sunny day and we joined a party of about 20. Unfortunately the trip from our point of view was really spoilt by our guide, although he seemed very knowledgeable about the places we were stopping at along the way, he just went on far too long and in much more detail than we could take in, after which he would ride off at brake neck speed leaving most of the group strung out along the way trying to keep up as best they could. Half way through the trip two of the group unsurprisingly went missing and we never saw them again, then in the last 20 minutes we were left behind and never saw him again.
I would still recommend these trips but would hope the people that run them will take heed at what has gone on. Surely you expect a guide to look after his group in a much more appropriate manor. Unfortunately none of us got his name but he looked about 29 with short hair wore shorts and was quite tanned on the second trip out at 10am on Sunday 7 may 12

1  Thank David H
CoolTourCompany, Owner at Krakow Bike Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Dear David!

Many thanks for your comment. We appreciate all sorts of feedback as it makes our life easier to introduce improvements.First of all - I would like to appologize for your problems. We strive to deliver best possible impressions of Krakow to our guests. I am very sorry we failed with yours:( Secondly - Chris - your guide is quite fresh with us and is still learning. Even though his knowledge had already been aprreciated by previous posters, apparently his organizational skills still need to be trained better. I have already throughoutfully discussed your comment with him and lesson has been learned for the future. "love the sinner - hate the sin" - I would like to assure you that we will take more care to ensure that even the' fresh sheppard will bring back the whole herd' back. Once again - please accept our appologies