“As i see it”

Ranked #88 of 408 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Leeds, United Kingdom
“As i see it”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Previously i and 2 friends stopped in these appts and had no issues apart from the outside door being in complete darkness. Appartments were so much better than we expected, and the staff at the office were first class.
On that basis i and another 5 people booked for 3 nights for the 13th October in Cinnaman, Mint and Vanilla .

The week before we were due to arrive, i was informed that the building work? was not finished. I was unaware there was building work going on when i booked, which was at the beginning of September, so hardly months earlier!

Fair play to the staff, we were offered a 50 per cent discount and assured work did not start till 7am and the work was monday to friday only .Also we were assured none of the facillites internally would be effected . As this would only effect us, friday morning we were happy not to be moved and accept the discount.

On reaching the appartments, there was three intruders in the courtyard, drinking Vodka. As this was around 11pm , the females of our party felt intimidated. Thankfully due to the taxi driver, we got through the main door that led to the appartments safely, and the intruders left. We can only summise the 3 people assumed the appts were empty.

The building work started at 5.45 on the friday morning, and again , on the saturday morning. The TV did not work, but the appts were fantastic, we cannot fault how fabulous the appts are,

BUT...in hindsight if, the company would have been more open when the booking was made,and not assumed the building work was to be finished or even not accepted bookings till the work was done, then this and other reviews could have been more favourable.

Having stayed in Krakow City Appts also, we will think long and hard, whether to use Apartments Apart again, which would be a shame. I appreciate lots of these comments are out of your control, but............

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Joanna K, Manager at ApartmentsApart, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest.
Thank you for posting your review. We value all comments, also the critical ones. I believe that it is always the best to hear both sides so please let me comment on some issues.
The renovation works of the main facade were supposed to finish by the end of September so there was no point in informing you about it when you were making the reservation - your reservation started on October 13th. The works were carried out by the owners of the building, not us, so we trusted them in terms of the renovations' schedule. However, unexpectedly for us, it turned out that they would not finish by the time of your arrival. At this time we immediately informed you about the problem and offered alternative accommodation in a different building or staying in the original apartments with 50% discount which meant that the total price would be around 12 eur/person/day. At this time we also informed you about all the inconveniences connected with the renovations saying that "usually" they began at 7 am and the workers were not there on Saturdays. However, as we had nothing to do with the works and we had no control over it, we had to rely on our past experience which was: they had never worked on saturdays and also it happened that there were days during the week that there were no works at all. Taking that into consideration we decided to give a standard discount 50% for the whole week, even for Saturdays and Sundays as we could not predict for sure the workers' steps. I remember your visit in our office the day after your arrival, we talked and I advised you that in case of any problems or questions you could always call us on our emergency number, even at night. We also sent our handyman to fix the TV, but you didn't let him in so consequently we were not able to fix it. Since that time we had never heard from you anymore until you left Krakow and sent us e-mail. As for the strangers you met in front of the building, I am afraid that we have no influence on other people wandering around the city. However, in any cases we are always available under emergency phone number and we are always ready to help our guests.
To sum up, the situation was very hard for us so we did our best so that our guests do not suffer. We decided to inform all guests in advance about the situation with renovation works as we believe that honesty is the most important. Therefore, we also were honest with you and described all important information. It is a pity you hadn't informed us about the problems during your stay. I am sure we would have found a satisfactory solution for you.
Please accept our sincere apology. In a separate e-mail I also sent you a discount voucher for your next stay with our company either in Krakow or in other european cities where we have apartments (Brussels, Warsaw, London, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Rome, Prague).
I hope you will trust us again. I can assure you that we will do our best so your next stay is wonderful.
Please contact me directly if there is anything else I could do for you.
With Kindest Regards,
Krakow Department Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Luna Apartment on Slawkowska in the Old Town of Krakow. The apartment was shared with 2 friends and the total cost for the stay was around £190 pounds, excellent value. Luna was exactly as pictured on the website and exceeded our expectations. Clean, tidy and fully equipped to the degree that if you didn't want to take advantage of the great restaurants in Krakow after a visit to the local supermarket you would easily be able to prepare your own meals. Centrally located, less than a minutes walk to the main square, you couldn't be better placed to see the sights. Compared to other apartments I have stayed in on other visits to Krakow I would have no hesitation in staying here again or recommending highly to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank footster1964
Joanna K, Manager at ApartmentsApart, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is a great pleasure to read that you fully enjoyed your stay in one of our apartments. We will be looking forward to your next visit. We have 30 apartments more to be tested :)

rio de janeiro
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stayed in Cracovia 5 apartment for a 4 days. Now I am in Krakow still, staying with another apartments rental company and the difference beetwen the services offered is so huge that I just have to share my opinion. ApartmentsApart is a very good choice in any way: location, price, quality, cleanliness, staff professionalism and commitment. Huge advantages are equipped kitchen, wifi and washing machine, especially if you are going to stay for more then just one night. To be honest the only drawback is the lack of own parking places, but justified (old town location). I was very pleased with the stay and all support from the offices staff,I have to mention about local representative Joanna Augustyn here, she did the best to answer to all my questions before and during the stay, she was extremely helpful and I felt that she's taking care of my stay serious and with beautiful smile:). Altogether, the positive feedback is fully deserved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jose o
Dear Jose,
Thank you so much for your nice feedback. I will pass the good news to Joanna Augustyn :) We will be looking forward to your next visit.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 12, 2012

First off, booking was easy directly from their website. Nice pictures of the aparments and all emails answered promtly. We arranged an airport transfer through them, and the gentleman was waiting with a sign just as they said he would be. Very friendly guy, actually felt like we were getting a tour on the way to the reception. Check in was quick and easy and we were driven to our apartment by the same friendly gentleman.

The apartment itself was located in the Kazimierz District. The name of the actual apartment was the Red Brick. Very nice, clean apartment. A little small, but very nice. Had all the amenities needed, including a washing machine. Location was outstanding, several restaurants, bars, grocery stores, etc nearby and the main square only an easy 10 minute walk. I loved the location as it feels a little less "touristy". Everything with the actual apartment was outstanding.

There are two reasons why I can't give this apartment a 5 star rating. 1) The construction started very early and often. I believe they are building an elevator, which is great, but it was very noisy and actually quite dangerous. The workers left their tools in the walkway to the apartment constantly. One night, we had to squeeze under a ladder that had been left there. While squeezing under the ladder, we looked up to see a power handsaw, abandoned, dangling above our heads...not good!!! However, I do realize that the apartment company has little control over this. But a warning in advance would have been nice or maybe asking the workers to not leave their tools in the walkway. This could have caused a serious issue!

Another negative, the transport to the airport was 30 minutes late and we did not receive a call. Actually had to call them to see if they were still coming to get us as we didn't want to miss our flight. In the end, we made it in plenty of time and the driver was a very nice guy.

Last negative, we decided to go to breakfast at the restaurant on the ground floor of the apartment on the last day. I am not sure if it is affiliated or not but does have the companies name on the entry door. We went down at 9 only to find out it does not open until 10...for breakfast!!

All in all, I would definately stay again as the apartment itself was terrific. I would just wait until the construction is over as I would rather not have to worry about crawling over or under tools to get to my apartment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chargers22
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate both positive and critical comments.
I am very sorry to read that you encountered some problems during your stay. Please accept our apology. Please let me leave a comment on every issue. First of all the construction works connected with the lift. You are absolutely right that the situation with leaving the tools by the workers was unacceptable. We were not aware of this fact. The construction works were being carried out by the the owner of the building and we didn't have any control over this. But we would have tried to do our best to avoid it if we had know about this dangerous issue.
As for the transport back to the airport: we cooperate with a taxi company and we were also not informed that they would be late that morning. We have been cooperating with them for over 10 years now and they have been always a very trustworthy company. Of course I will talk to them about this problem as I understand that accidentaly we put you in a very stressful situation. I am very sorry.
Talking about the restaurant in the building, I would like to say that this is not our restaurant and we do not cooperate with them on a regular basis. However, they agreed to give our guests a separate entrance to their restaurant. That's why our company's name is on the door. But we have no influence on their opening hours.
Taking everything into consideration, I am very sorry to read that your stay was not perfect and we failed in a few issues. On behalf of our company I deeply apologise for this.
And even more I appreciate the fact that you would like to trust us again and you consider staying with us again. I will be a pleasure to host you in future.
Once more, thank you for sharing your opinion. Thanks to it we are able to set higher quality of our service so that your next stay is perfect.

Jacksonville, Fl
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Chili apartment has a perfect location! It is exactly where we wanted to be. Downfall is that the building is under renovations! Make sure and ask before you stay. The construction workers start at 6-630am and the building echos! Otherwise its got an area for laundry, a nice kitchen and beds are somewhat comfortable. I just wish they would of told us about the renovations before we booked!

Also, I wish they would of left a broom or mop. The floors got dirty after 5 of us walking through the kitchen every day.

Room Tip: The chili apartment has two rooms but to get from one room to the bathroom you have to go through an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanna K, Manager at ApartmentsApart, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to read that we failed you. On behalf of the Company please accept our apology for all inconvenience you encountered. Yes, you are right that the building is under construction works. But it concerns the main facade and the highest floor. As Chilli apartment is located on the back of the building and on the 2nd floor we did not suppose that our guests may face any problems. Moreover, we have never received any negative comments from other guests who stayed in this apartment. Therefore, we were not aware of the problem. We are very sorry, it is obvious that we made a mistake. I wish we had met and talked about the situation. I am sure we would have found a solution that would satisfy you. If there is anything we could do for you to compensate this unpleasant situation, please contact me directly.
Also I would like to mention that the renovation works will finish by the end of this month.

ApartmentsApart Krakow
London
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It is really hard for me to understand all the negative reviews I read on ApartmentsApart. I use them on regular basis whenever I am on a business trip in Cracow. I cannot praise them enough for excellent service and superb standards. They are situated right next to the centre so you have to try hard to get lost getting there. I tried all of their appartments and found them equally comfortable.
Looking for a nice, comfortable, clean, quiet place to stay - go for ApartmentsApart.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike W
Joanna K, Manager at ApartmentsApart, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Mike,
Thank you for sharing your opinion on ApartmentsApart. Each comment left by our guest is very important for us as thank to it we are able to set higher standards and quality of our service. Thank you for a nice feedback, you made our day! We can't wait to welcome you back in Krakow.

Fife, Scotland
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We actually booked apts adjacent to the market square but unfortunately they were closed for renovations so we were allocated these apts. These apartments are a mixture of renovated and old apts. The first apt we were given was nice enough and had a beautiful shower room but it was up 3 floors (no lift) and had only velux (roof) windows so no view. We were then moved to 1st floor with windows but the apt was horrible. It was dreary, depressing and creepy. Looked more like a youth hostel with 2 huge bedrooms with enough beds to sleep 10 people. It looked like it was stuck in a time warp! The mattresses were very poor and the springs could be felt when lying in the bed. The bed linen though clean was shabby and worn, the towels were far from snow white. These apts are situated on one of the main roads through Krakow so the noise from the trams, buses, cars and motor bikes was terrible. Although not too far a walk into the centre (15mins) we were angry as we had already discounted these apt during our search and deliberately choose apts next to the square. Krakow is a beautiful city with plenty to do and see and I would like to add that I have NEVER written a review on Tripadvisor before, thats how strongly I would advise you to look for something else.

Room Tip: If you do not mind not seeing out of a window, ask for attic apt as these seem to have been renovate...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Joanna K, Manager at ApartmentsApart, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Kay,
I am very sorry to hear that the apartment did not meet your expectations. The day after your arrival we did our standard quality procedure to check how you enjoyed your stay. You told us that the problem was with 3rd floor and roof windows. So immediately we offered you a huge apartment (136 sq m) called Traditional 2 located in the same building on the first floor. The apartment has been designed to be antique in style and it is not old as you said. In our offer we have both classical and modern apartments as we are aware that people have different tastes. You saw the apartment and agreed to stay there. Your words were: "We only need twin beds". Since then we never heard a word from you that something was still wrong. On the day of your departure you came to our office and asked us to watch your luggage. Again you said nothing about your true feelings. I am very sorry for the whole situation as I am sure that we could have talked and found another solution for you during your stay. Good communication with our guests as well as their comfort and final satisfaction is our priority. I am sorry we did not have the opportunity to help you.