“So Spicy!”

Ranked #198 of 1,567 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Description: Indus Tandoor is a well known and reasonably priced Indian restaurant where you can often meet tourists who know and like the original taste of Indian cuisine. Professional cooks for the preparation of all dishes use only natural and exotic spices the guarantee the original taste. By the wishes of our clients we prepare dishes with different levels of spiciness. We also offer take away. Open Sunday to Thursday from 12 noon to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday until 12 midnight. Being the first Indian restaurant in Krakow established in 1998, we have good experience in Indian food service. We don't want to boast to much about our food, so visit our place in person and decide for yourself. There is a Garden Grill behind our restaurant.
Stratford-upon-Avon
“So Spicy!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ate here as the smells coming from the door were amazing, and been one of those people the minute I smell Indian food I want to eat it we decided to try it.

The restaurant was busy- always a good sign in my eyes, and the menu was extensive- even though it said that this was the 'shorter' menu due to it been the weekend and a busy period! the full menu must be pretty big!

I like Indian food, however I'm not a huge fan of extremely spicy dishes, so I order butter chicken malsala and my partner ordered chicken tikka malsala- we both ordered them to be medium but I told them i didn't like extremely spicy food- she said this was the perfect dish then.

WOW! the food was so spicy! mine was more spicy than my partners and i actually couldn't finish it! the food looked nice and the sauce was thick, but it was just loaded with chillies..

Such a shame that I didn't enjoy what I ate, if it hadn't been so spicy- especially when I asked for it not to be- it would have been a perfect restaurant..

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Claire-900X

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“My favorite for Indian place in Kraków so far”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've eaten at three Indian restaurants in Kraków, and this is the one I go back to. When I eat here, sometimes patrons from India take a table and converse with the staff in their native tongue. I take that as a good sign. (Many of the staff are Polish, of course!)

I can't recommend any specific dish because I like everything here. The only thing that was unexpected once was saffron rice that came intentionally decorated with scattered rice grains dyed with green food coloring...other than that small oddity, it's rightly what you would expect.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank John F
Hong Kong, China
“A nice surprise!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Late at night, we were hungry and had limited options to choose from. Had a great meal of three vege curries, rice, naan and a few beers. Surprisingly delicious Indian food, and was actually spicy which I didn't think it would be when we asked for 'hot'.

Busy place - constant flow in and out. Nice staff too, with one of them stopping to say goodbye as his shift ended!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank SydBJ
“the best Indian restaurant in Kraków.”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

this is the best Indian restaurant in Krakow, in my opinion - serving real Indian food. not the cheapest one, though...

3 Thank Michalt74
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Go for it”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food was good and the service was good. I agree with comments before that the atmosphere is little bit too dark, the lights are very low. And as it is already notes the toilets are outside: not the most comfortable thing. But otherwise it is a very good place to eat!

• Visited December 2012