“Food quality inconsistent”

Gospoda CK Dezerter
Ranked #305 of 1,502 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish, European, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Food quality inconsistent”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I've been here twice, and on the first trip, my mushroom soup was tasty and came in a giant bread bowl. On the second trip, I treated four friends to this place. One of us ordered the exact same thing I raved about to them: mushroom soup in a bread bowl. This time, however, there was neither bread bowl nor satisfactory explanation from the waitress. The peas and carrots reminded me of something from a can. Other flavors were blah, and I wonder if the chef changed.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a good dinner here. My husband had the mushroom soup in a bread bowl which was ok. His pork cutlet for dinner was good. I had the sausage for an appetizer which was very good. For dinner I had the pork sliced on a bun which was good.

• Visited April 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
“great atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We picked this based on TA reviews and its proximity to hotel. As an introduction to Polish cuisine, it allowed us to see what lay ahead for our next few days. Nothing to write home about, but adequate. Charming setting; disinterested staff.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad for a cheap lunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here after being convinced by a lady in the street. The food was quite nice and it was a decent, filling lunch for the price. My only real complaint was that the pierogi was a little soggy. The food wasn't a patch in some of the more expensive places we'd eaten at but still not bad for the price. The waitress was a little moody but the decor and overall atmosphere of the place were nice.

Nottingham
“Nice setting average food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Mixed review. We both ordered the local soup which was nice home made and spicy.for mains I ordered the perch and was surprised it was covered in batter so spoiling a nice piece of fish. My partner ordered the duck that was tough and she could not eat it.nice setting let down by the quality of the food.