“Weekend visit”
Review of Hotel Kosciuszko

Hotel Kosciuszko
Ranked #99 of 265 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Fabulous! One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Exceptional value for a superior double room with single occupancy. Located a 7 minute £5 taxi ride from the city centre meant it was in a very quite location and a really good nights sleep. Excellent luxury room, very friendly and helpful staff, good food. The location being slightly out of town may not suite everyone, but if thats not a problem to you (and why would it be with taxis being so cheap?) I would recommend this hotel unreservedly. If I return to Krakow (which itself is great value) I will look no further than the Hotel Kosciuszko for my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GrahamD_11

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great value for money. This is a nice hotel outside the city center. The lobby area and the room are very nicely decorated with an elegant mix of antique furniture and modern technology. Free wifi (worked very well). Room was quiet. Breakfast buffet with excellent coffee. The only disadvantage maybe was that the service in the restaurant in the evening was a bit slow, but then there was only one waitress serving the whole restaurant. She tried hard and was very friendly. So I guess I can't really call this a comment. If you like a stay away from the big chain hotels, this hotel is definitely a recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2012martine
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is nice, good atmosphere and so on. The bad thing is that they have choosen to host a most likely corrupt casino on the lower floor. I have been to many casinos in the world and I know when something isn´t right. So please stay away from the casino, and I would also recommend not supporting a hotel which alllow a casino like this in their building.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank The_Sisko
Reviewed January 15, 2013

First of all, I did like the looks of the hotel rooms and the price. As it also offered a parking, and I travelled with a car, there were no questions left. The staff was very nice and attentive. And the room I had was just perfect in every detail, quite spacious and tastefully decorated. The only thing I was not very fond of was the hotel's situation. I walked from the Hotel right to the center - it's approximately from 40 min to an hour. With a car - no problem at all, so didn't have a chance to explore public transport. Breakfast was tasty!
I would recommend the hotel to those who travel with a car or not afraid of trams, taxis, etc.
I did enjoy the stay at the Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Letyshchaya
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I chose this place because it has parking for large cars and the name from one of Midnight Oils old songs. The rooms are the best part of this hotel - they are quite luxurious. People are friendly, although the kitchen seems to be a bit slow. It is not near the center, but still quite easy and cheap to get there by taxi. Krakow is a lovely town in the center, but quite full on, so coming back to the suburban feel and friendly service was good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was a wonderful hotel. We selected it because it was a 5 star hotel at a 3-4 star price with breakfast and we always bring our dog Lady with us! Location was fine, about 10 minutes from downtown. Front desk was friendly and the room was perfect. The comforter was not feather or down and the room did get a little chilly (mid Nov) but we were fine. Breakfast was fabulous and the waitress was wonderful. We stayed one night and it was a great experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: Don't open the window in November without telling your wife!!! She will think the room was just...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roger M
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights while exploring the area and found the hotel wonderful. It is near a highway and outside the centre of the town but this was not a problem as taxis are inexpensive and the tram was nearby. It was quiet and peaceful as it borders a park (it was miserable weather for our stay so we did not visit the gardens) and good value for money. We hired a single and a double room and both were clean and beautifully furnished. The staff were excellent....so professional. The restaurant surprised us as the food was great and local and the service very good. I had wild boar with local mushrooms! I would certainly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends