Tripadvisor

Review of Karakter

Karakter
Ranked #136 of 2,109 Restaurants in Krakow
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Interesting restaurant, I’m not a fan of menus with only meat and this restaurant had only meat and seafood. The food was good/very good and doesn’t have typical things you find in restaurants. Prices were good. Would go again.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (424)

Reviewed January 5, 2020

After reading the reviews we thought we were in for a treat, however we felt a bit deflated on leaving. The waitress took so long to get our drinks I thought she had gone to distill it herself. One of us had the duck which was nice enough however the steak and prawns was accompanied with lettuce and only lettuce. No other vegetables or chips just lettuce. There are better restaurants around this location.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Probably the best “value for money” spot in Cracow. Karakter is a bistro style, friendly and casual place, for everyone, at any time of the day.

Weekdays they serve lunch, but the ala carte full menu is the way to go. Don’t miss the tartare that they serve with variety of meets and tastes, or go into a offal adventure and try one the other dishes.

Kind of a spot where you can eat every day, and be happy about it. Cost wise a true bargain. Mandatory when you visit Cracow.

Reviewed December 19, 2019

I live in central London, I have access to my fair share of world class restaurants. The food at Karacter was astonishing. I really do congratulate you all on creating such a fantastic menu. The skirt steak was among the top three best steaks I’ve ever eaten, and I paid £10 for the genuine pleasure of eating it, thank you thank you thank you. Starters are unusual but delicious- I had ostrich tartar and desert was brilliant. I would fly from London to visit this place. Wow.

Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

We had a nice time at Karakter. Every dish wasn't great but over all it was good. Really good wine selection and the sommelier was helpful.
Friendly staff and nice decorations.