“Went there for the wine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Klimaty Poludnia

Klimaty Poludnia
Ranked #40 of 1,347 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish, European, Central European, Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Turku, Finland
“Went there for the wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Yes, I went there for the wine, but found out that the place was much more than just a wine bar. I had not read any reviews about the place, but found it by searching for a place in Krakow serving one of my favorite wines, Vranac Pro Cordia.So I went there with my family without any special expectations. However, the evening turned out to be the best one in Krakow. The place itself was nicely decorated with a good taste. We were politely invited although we hadn't made a per-reservation for the evening, which we would have done if we had know how popular the place was. Already from the menu you could see that this was a place that put more emphasis on the quality than on the quantity like some Polish restaurants in town. I would describe the menu as being Mediterranean-type although they did also have some traditional Polish dishes. As we got the meal I exceeded all our expectations and I must say that we enjoyed every minute of the evening.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MosseTurku

• Polish first
Kristiansand, Norway
“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were 20 people vistiting this nice restaurant. This is just as much a winery as a restaurant and therefor not suitable for children, especially in the evening. However I am very glad we went because this was the most national restaurant we visited during our stay, and where we got interesting polish food. Not the best, but interesting. None of the 10 children liked their food(and they tried many different dishes), so really not for children. Good hospitallity. Recommended for adults only.

sf bay area
“simply succulent meals in a lovely little courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family and I (2 adults and 2 kids aged 4 and 10) found this place just outside of the "Old town") after it was recommended to us by one of the staff from our hotel. We found it to be a lovely place to enjoy a meal and a glass of wine. The courtyard made this place feel open and relaxed along with providing a place for my children to explore while waiting for the food.
The food itself was delicious as the ingredients used were simple yet fresh and delicious, making fro a great meal.
Also to note, at the time of our visit the place was 3/4 full and it appearded they were all locals or had once been locals.
All in all our visit to this restaureant was well worth it and we would definately make a return visit.

• Visited May 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“nice one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Everything was good here. Wonderful food and service. We ordered food for 2. Total bill was 52 plan. The only thing I didn't like was that water was also paid for.We were served by Dominica. Excellent girl. If you pay by card make sure you say the tip before billing.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank saucy178
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I rarely write a bad review on anything, but felt so disappointed about the hype given to this place that had to review. We arrived around 7pm knowing that due to the restaurants popularity we wouldn't get a seat inside, but were happy to sit outside in the pretty courtyard as noticed there were some gas heaters, which we thought would be okay. When we asked if the one near our table could be turned on we were told categorically no as they were needed for the next day! Was never able to establish why this should have made a difference but blankets were supplied so thought that would be okay? Later on some other diners arrived and asked the same question about the heaters and were told (by a different member of the waiting staff) that they had only just arrived that morning and nobody knew how to use them?!! Really? Which excuse was it? Also, another couple arrived much later and although my husband and I had been told there were no tables inside one was moved from outside to inside to accommodate these people! case of not what you know maybe? Food was underwhelming. Only plus side was they stocked an old favourite red wine of ours, which is difficult to get hold of anywhere else.

Visited May 2014