“Traditional and Satisfying”

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Dark and basic interior, but quality tradiional East European fare, in fact Hungarian. Great value, with decent wines, Hungarian of course, to boot. Largely local clientele, a very positive sign here.

There are newer reviews for Balaton Restaurant

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Anna and I eat here at least twice every time we come to Krakow. It has never disappointed us. We have only eaten potato pan cakes with goulash so we dont know about the other meals on the menu. There are several varieties of goulash to choose from but our favourites are the traditional with salad and the venison. The servings are generous so we usually share one dish between us. As is our want, we also have some wine. The prices are reasonable but the wine is "vin ordinaire". I tried toquay last night. I was expecting a fortified but I received what tasted to me like a normal white wine.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I was attracted to go with my family from the reviews read but I must say my experience left a lot to be desired. This could be because we arrived at 915pm but we were given the impression we were extra. Food ok.

1  Thank DrJoeCassar
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had been advised to try this restaurant and so glad we did.....the food was out of this world,we had the local dish,Placki zimniacz z gula szem !!!! which is a large hash brown with fantastic meat goulash on top,i had veal my partner had chicken....has to be tried! for sweet i had crepes filled with ground nuts and fruits,served with ice cream and a butterscotch sauce.....it was huge as was the main couse......all beautifully served,lovely atmosphere......a must place to eat.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Once a year I visit this restaurant menu without changes, tasty potato pancakes goulash soup very good friendly service