“Great glutenfree food”

Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had read about the restaurant before the travel, and because I had heard it served glutenfree food it was an easy choice. Me and my companions ate at different restaurants every day during our stay, and on our last day we had booked a table at this restaurant.
It was a nice restaurant, clean, polite and helpful staff. My joy was to find 3 pages in the meny with glutenfree dishes. I only had a main course, but I sure wanted to try some of the desserts.... I ate everything on the plate. My friends were also very satisfied with their dishes.
I'm certainly going back to Krakow, and I'm certainly going back to Pod Baranem!

1  Thank Monica K

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were not in a good mood when we arrived due to a temporary malfunction of our ATM card (thanks Wells Fargo!) but we ended up having a very pleasant meal. I had beef stroganoff with dumplings and it was excellent. My wife had a filet of beef with a side order of potatoes and was extremely happy with her choice. The beer selection was very good and I had a dark beer while my wife had a glass of chardonnay. We definitely would come here again if we ever get back to Krakow.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and great service. This restaurant is also well situated below the castle and relatively close to old town.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Ate here in May 2014. We had booked for Saturday night, and the place was full. The meal was typical Polish food, but beautifully cooked and presented. Service was friendly and efficient. A great place to come, at very reasonable prices, highly recommended

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Krakow is a relatively small city, so travel from place to place is easy. If walking is less of an option, taxi rides are inexpensive. So, most every restaurant can be said to be conveniently located. And this is no exception.

What makes this an exceptional restaurant is, of course, the food. Authentic Polish cuisine which stacked up nicely with my wife's cooking and which provided a basis of comparison. The borscht is clear, unlike the creamy I had been used to, and it was extraordinary -- a wonderful start to a great Polish meal. And that included piergoi and kielbasa!

The wait staff was attentive; the portions were appropriately sized; and the cost was very reasonable.

1  Thank rjejr