“I recommend:-)”

Diament Spodek Hotel
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Katowice
Reviewed June 5, 2014

+ Very nice and clean room,
+ Great breakfast,
+ Calmness,
+ The city center,

- Swimming pool for hotel guests is not for free:-/
- The lack of information boards to help reach to hotel

I suggest those who are traveling for business

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Spodek is an UFO shaped landmark indoor stadium in Katowice. Many Polish people have memories of visiting concerts in the Spodek and still these days many events take place there. It's located on the edge of the town center, which is just a medium walk away down the main Korfantego boulevard. The hotel is located just behind the Spodek, the main entrance is tucked away next to the Olympia restaurant. Accessibility aside, the hotel offers clean, basic rooms, in a circular arrangement around the central reception. They can be slightly noisy, because the central atrium has fantastic acoustic. I was able to follow the receptionist's telephone conversations word for word. Fortunately the hotel goes into "quiet mode" after 10PM. Gastronomics are provided by the restaurant. Breakfast is allright, but dinner can be a bit on the salty side. For better culinary experience, I recommend Stare i Nowe, just a short walk away direction Chorzowska street. All in all I had a reasonably good experience.

Room Tip: Try to get as far from the reception desk as possible, for noise reasons. WiFi is not fantastic thou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, because we travelled from the Katowice airport.
The stuff was typically kind, the restraurant & the breakfast very nice, the rooms and the hotel space was relatively small, but looked luxurious. It was renovated and clean.
The spa services offered (simple & cheap) are not within the hotel building, but nearby.
It is exactly behind Spodek and there were no signs that show the way, so we had to walk around and ask..
Suggested to those who travel for work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

just booked my 3rd stay. rooms are more than decent, large n comfy. bathrooms modern could do with a few more toiletries.
staff very helpful - in a personal way.
restaurant menu - for me perfection. unfortunately the downside of a delicious meal is the ventilation - too many kitchen smells - reminiscent of Poland from the 70s.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the front where there were still road works etc going on
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked the room via booking.com. We requested a double bed but when we arrived we got a room with two single beds which were not movable. We asked the reception if we could have another room with a double bed, but she told me they don't have rooms with double beds. Although the pictures on the website told us differently.... Strange!!
In the end we had to stay in the room with the single beds this without any appology from the staff. We also requested some information about Auschwitz but this was to much to ask as well. In the end we got the opening hours of Auschwitz, but that was all. We didn't feel quite welcome in this hotel. We won't recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, don't book this hotel. They don't have double beds. This is a business...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NielsV01
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel couple of times last few years. The main reason to choose this hotel was it's location, close to the Spodek Arena and the pictures I found on the internet.
While arriving at the hotel, don't let the entrance fool you, it's hard to find. But after finding the entrance the hotel proves to be a very nice and modern hotel.
The staff at the hotel is really helpfull and speaks English fluently. The rooms are good. Very clean with a nice bathroom. The rooms also include airconditioning, but I never had to use it.
The first few times breakfast was servered at the lobby, but during my visit last September it was servered at the resaurant below the hotel. The breakfast itself isn't spectacular, bread, cheese nutella and a scrambled egg. The lady at the restaurant didn't speak English, so it was a good moment for me try the few Polish words I had learned....
The hotel is close to shops, restaurants and it takes about 10 minutes to walk to the railway station.
+ Clean hotel with modern rooms at a good location
- Poor WiFI at most rooms

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WernerSchroer
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed there for a couple of days, I used the hotel airport transfer which run smoothly. When we arrived to the hotel I was shocked to see the front of the building. The entrance to the hotel is on the back of Spodek Arena and next to the building site( that didn't affect my stay at all), not inviting at all. But once u go upstairs where the actual hotel is it is a completely different story. Lobby is nice and spacious and staff helpful. Rooms are nice, as promised with a flat screen tv and hair dryer! No tea making facility in a room which is a pity and what was a real problem to me- water under a shower wasn't warm enough for me. On a good site room is quiet and I got a good night sleep. Unfortunately the breakfast was only ok, I would say there wasn't many guest staying at the hotel so the food turn out was slow, food like cheese and tomatoes looked like they were lying there for a while, dry and not really tasty. restaurant staff nice tho. So overall it could really be a nice hotel but a breakfast and the hotel entrance are not up to scratch. If you travelling to the hotel with your own car and haven't been there before u might be in trouble of finding the entrance as the sign are barely existent. It does have loads of potential and I would stay there again as I got a good night sleep and that's what I came there for! And it has a good location, about 7 min walk to the center. I didn't use a swimming pool but that is not a part of hotel, it is located next to hotel but available to hotel guests.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo