“Fantastic restaurant with exquisite food and wine.”
Review of Wine Bar Lofty

Wine Bar Lofty
Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Gliwice
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Fantastic restaurant with exquisite food and wine.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went here when travelling alone for work. The relaxed atmosphere, fantastic staff, and one of the best meals I've enjoyed, made me feel comfortable enough just to sit back, watch the world go by, and enjoy.
Having described the type of wine I was in the mood for, the waitress brought me a number of wines to try, and showed a sound understanding of the wines and addressed exactly what I was after across a broad price range. Good start!!
All dishes are written on a blackboard at the back of the restaurant in Polish, but again the staff have good translation skills and a good knowledge of the menu.
I opted for a steak, dauphinois potato and green beens wrapped in bacon. I ordered the steak on the rare side of medium-rare and when it arrived it was exactly as I'd asked, the potatoes were firm and cooked evenly, with the right amount of moisture, and the beans had a bite without a squeak; of course the seasoning was perfectly balanced.
I didn't want the plate to end; even considering ordering another...
I followed with a creme caramel which was again a great balance of texture, creaminess, and sweetness, which I enjoyed with a sweet wine; again a great recommendation by the waitress.
An espresso to round everything off, and I was on my way with a bottle each of the red and dessert wine I'd enjoyed; a great benefit that the restaurant also acts as a wine merchants.
I will be visiting here again with friends, colleagues, anybody of the street, or alone if I must.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank The_Boy_Edge

• Polish first
“Excellent food for a fair price”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Altough there was to much time between starter and main course, we had an excellent evening here. Excellent wines and magnificent steak. Compared to west-EU prices: cheap.

• Visited August 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“amazing bar lofty”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

we were in bar lofty in july with friends from gliwice, my polish wife is from gliwice, when you walk in there is a amazing selection of wine in boxes from all over the world, you can buy any wine to take away, at good prices, we brought a red wine from moldova, it was out of this world, the kitchen at lofty is open plan so you can see the chefs preparing and cooking you meal, amzing choice of food and drinks, there is also a special board with the chefs reccomendation of the day, the waiteresses are so frienddly and helpful, so get youself down to bar lofty, you wont be dissapointed, cannot wait to be back there in september for more amazing wine and food, a real gem in gliwices crown, bosko, bosko

• Visited June 2013
Gliwice, Poland
“A must visit”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good Atmosphere, Good Food, Good Wine. No Draft Beer. Limited availability of bottled beer.
Food is very fresh. Prepared in the open so you can see them. Menu changes constantly-is written on blackboard.
Large selection of wines from all over the world at a reasonable price. I enjoy going there with my wife and also go there for business dinners as well as with friends. On Friday and Saturday and special occasions reservations are advisable as there is seating for approx 50 people. It also has parking available

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant is a bit off the beaten track and our reservation was made by a local. The food was exceptionally good and beautifully presented. Try the smoked salmon. They use a special process that results in nice thick pieces of juicy salmon with a distinctive smoky flavor.

Visited April 2013