Mercure Czestochowa Centrum
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Scout(Czestochowa)
Hotel Constancja(Czestochowa)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsjasna gora monasteryperfect locationhotel restaurantstay there againnice hotelclean roomsshrinepilgrimagepolandusdtouringpurpose
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The Mercure/Accor company has bought the Orbis hotel chain in Poland soon after the 1989 collapse. Unfortunately the only change has been a quick refurbish of the lobby, the outside sign and of the rooms, never the less the look has remained pretty much the same of the old days. Furniture and building are quite old looking although well mantained and still decent but the "feel" of the old days and the sense of "oppression" is still there. Breakfast and main meals are served in the same restaurant, food is decent. The rooms are not too spacious but roomy enough, there are also some small executive suites available. Beds are not so comfortable but still at an average level, ask for a room facing the back of the building, the front area is too noisy for the main road cars and traffic. WI FI is available free of charge in the rooms and in the lobby, a recent upgrade. Closed/guarded but open air parking lot is available in front of the hotel. A mere 300 meters away, uphill on the right there is the only concentration of restaurants of the really poor "scene" of Czestochowa. Unfortunately at present this is the best choice in Czestochowa.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was leery when I saw the town, which does not have much to draw tourists, but very pleased with my experience here. Only in the hotel for about 12 hours, but the room was comfortable. Our group had dinner and breakfast which was very acceptable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank vatraveler050
Kabul, Afghanistan
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel.halfway through my stay they hit me with a charge of 600 to park there.The shower head couldn't stay in as the holder was broken.The staff were terrible with no customer care skill baring some notable exceptions.The restaurant staff were great,The housekeeping staff were great.Baring one recptionist it was a bust .I come to Czestochowa every couple months.Hidden charges really pissed me off as i never like anything out of my control.When i booked the hotel took the full price of the booking was taken at the same time.My room was ok but small.I have a degree in hotel management and tobe told by staff that "its not my problem /fault" is insane.I pay a lot of money but i get the impression that as a foreigner my money is all that counts.Also the internet in my room was worse than we have in afghanistan which made it hard for me to work.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed in a suite for one night which had a bathroom & separate toilet with wash basin. I did not use the separate toilet and wash basin until the morning to shave and when I ran water in the basin it was a dark orange colour. It took at least 5 minutes for the water colour to clear.
In addition, on arrival the room had a very strong smell, almost like burning rubber,
The foregoing items indicated that the room had not been fully checked & serviced prior to our arrival.
I reported these items to reception but they did not seem to be that concerned.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Good condition and place for stay and visiting of Częstochowa, particulary to visit of Monastery. Short distance to monastery is specialy important for old people and sick, with trouble of moving. To high prices for stay with pets.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple