“My second home for my next visit!”
Review of Second Home Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oswiecim
Second Home Hostel
Reviewed August 24, 2013

ik enjoyed my stay, it was so clean. the beds were really good. enough poweroutlets. big lockboxes with keys, so no own padlock is required. breakfast was amazing for 2€ u get everyting fresh. Sudu lia is amazing, so interested in you, your background and off course the traveling.

this hostel is the first you need to try to book when visiting auschwitz

Room Tip: both dorms are the same. there is no difference they are both awsome!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Second Home Hostel

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

很近市中心,不過長途巴士站或火車站不在市中心,要步行或再坐本地巴士,巴士就停在門前,只要行25分鐘到集中型,房間很乾淨,價錢便宜,主人家很好,誠意推薦 close to the old town and the local bus station is in front of the hostel, and you can walk 25 minutes to the Auschwitz concentration camp. Overall, I recommend people to stay here and you really find yourself at home with the host, Lia

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of easing myself at Drugi Dom Hostel when I was traveling in Poland last winter. As soon as I got in, I felt extremely at home and welcome to an amazing ambiance. The hostess was very kind, polite and informative as well. Her genuine smile radiates friendship and true Polish hospitality, which I was fortunate to receive. I received clean linen and cozy bed to keep myself warm as I wanted which is what exactly someone traveling homeless for 2 months would dream of, especially during the winter. The kitchen/ living room too are clean and welcome you to feel at home in this second home. Further I had the possibility of having a very own Sri Lankan meal to celebrate the national day of my country, for it coincidentally fell on the same day. I couldn't simply have not asked for more, My stay in Oswiecim was incredible, thanks to Drugi Dom Hostel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2013

That's the best name for this place anybody could think of!!! Bedrooms are very cozy, with modern furniture and comfi beds... The livingroom is very welcoming to spend free time, chilling on the colorfull sofas and relaxing music. Free wi-fi everywhere helps to connect with world when we need it. Kitchen was open for everybody at any time and Zuza's breakfasts?! OMG... made me wanna take her with me for the rest of my eurotrip!!!! Hostel has a great location- just by city center and it's just amazingly clean. The owner is very helpful, nice and full of positive energy!
Totally recommended place to stay!!!! I've seen many hostels in my life, but Second Home is one of the top!!! Well done!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maya B
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here at the end of April to visit Auschwitz. We had an amazing time, Lia was extremely welcoming, showed us around the town and helped plan our visit. I would highly recommend staying here, one of the best hostels ive stayed at! Really clean too :) The only thing I would advise is to get a taxi if youre coming from Oswiecim station, the bus is very infrequent and taxis are very cheap! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have been some weeks ago at this nice hostel in the city of Oswiecim. It's a very nice familiar place. Around a central kitchen and living room are placed the nice furnished rooms. We arrived in the late evening and Zuza the owner cooked for her friends and invited us to have immediately an amazing srilankesian dinner. Thanks a lot. Zuza is allways there for her guests and if you have questions or wishes she will help you in a really friendly and charming way. Not to forget to mention the amazing breakfast. If we will go again to Oswiecim we will for sure stay at Second Home/ Drugi Dom. Further we recommend it to all the other people who want to stay there. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank andreschmahl
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Hostel is located right in the center of Oswiecim and therefore easy to find. Once you enter it you will immediately notice how lovely it has been furnished and how everything in it fits together. The rooms are all very modern and newly renovated and there is absolutely nothing to want for that isn't there.
The beds are extremely comfortable and even though through the windows we saw directly down to the street it was very quiet.
The owner of the Hostel is very friendly and easy to talk to. She stayed up for us until 1 in the morning to let us in and will make you breakfast for any time you want!

For all these reasons and because it only costs 12€ per night(!) I can really recommend this Hostel to anyone who stays in Oswiecim no matter how long!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends