“Local flavors with a modern twist”

Prosta 38 Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #5 of 178 Restaurants in Olsztyn
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed September 14, 2020

Truly enjoyed this meal in Old Town Olsztyn. The servers were very nice and attentive. The food was very fresh and a wonderful combination of ingredients. Definitely look forward to visiting again and having another meal at Prosta 38!

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank CaliforniaMarie

Reviewed August 9, 2020

This was my second visit to Olsztyn, 4 years apart. I usually like to try different places so was reluctant to return to a place I'd already been to before, but I just couldn't resist.

As soon as my waiter seated me quickly and kindly in the outside terrace, I knew I'd made the right choice.

I know how popular beef tartare is in Poland and despite many, many visits to this wonderful country, I'd never tried it! The waiter recommended it so I knew now was the time to try it! TATAR Z WARMIŃSKIEJ POLĘDWICY WOŁOWEJ HEREFORD (38 zly). It was absolutely stunning. So light and smooth in texture, with the added flavours and textures, served on a bed of finely diced onion and gherkin, with a delicious pickled mushroom and warm homemade onion bread.

I followed with GRILLOWANY MEDALION SCHABOWY Z KOŚCIĄ (38 PLN), grilled pork medallion on the bone with potato gratin, demi-glace, cranberry, celery, cabbage, kale chips, chorizo, smoked cottage cheese and celery. All of the favours and textures again complemented each other beautifully.

I finished with SERNIK Z SOLONYM KARMELEM (cheesecake with salted caramel sauce, ice cream, meringue and fresh fruit 18 - PLN). It was the waiter's personal favourite dessert and was absolutely divine.

I finished with a black coffee and complimentary cookie and couldn't even finish it as I was so full but wow, what a spectacular meal and experience!

Total bill, 116 zly/£24.03. I was made to feel very welcome and my waiter looked after me so well. He was very friendly and kind.

I will definitely visit next time I am in Olsztyn!

Thank you!!!

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank LukewarmCatastrophe
Reviewed July 24, 2020 via mobile

I have absolutely no words to describe this magnificent restaurant but I’ll try. Evening spent in Prosta restaurant was simply splendid. Food was extra delicious. Pork steak (yes - pork!) was the best one I’ve ever eaten and dessert just blew my mind. All the other guest were totally happy as well. Last but not least - service. 5 stars! I mean high end restaurants service type. Thank you!!!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

Came with siblings and teenager cousin. We've been waiting for beverages around 40 min, and 50 min for the starter. Starter (the most expensive from the menu) was super small and not worth the price. Fee slices of ham and dew slices of cheese. Asked for more bread and we get it (5 small cubes of bread, made from maybe 2 slices) but while checking the bill it turned we must pay for it. That's silly.
Main dishes were tasty, but again, portions were very small. None of us was actually full after eating it. Desserts were fantastic! If I will come back - I'll be back only to eat the dessert there. The bill itself was very high, restaurant is overpriced (taking into consideration that we were still a bit hungry after the dinner...).

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank coralina86
Reviewed October 31, 2019

The food was simply good and especially the fish soup, i loved it!
Good staff as well :)
I highly recommend this restaurant if you pass by Olsztyn.

Date of visit: October 2019