“Really good dinner”

Ranked #3 of 178 Restaurants in Olsztyn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

very nice and elegant place in the old town, the staff is very professional and kind and the dinner super! I would recommend this restaurant for an informal dinner as well as a business one.
Bravi!

Date of visit: December 2019
3  Thank simodo_77

Reviewed August 21, 2019

We had dinner at Casablanca and were lucky to secure a place on the terrace. Service was a little erratic and inattentive. Our starters were fine, my fish main (Zander filet) on the contrary very good. The white wine we had was cheap and decent.... it's interesting that many restaurants in Olsztyn seem to neglect their wine list

1  Thank schmidtmg
Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Nice place, tasty food, reasonable prices. Highly recomend! And you can by local tomatos here :) Skanus maistas, graži vieta ir aplinka, protingos kainos.

2  Thank rutaleo
Reviewed August 5, 2019

We had my wife's birthday dinner here as a family of five. The reviews were quite compelling although the photographs on TripAdvisor were not entirely complimentary.

From the outset, it was clear the staff were not very well organised and borderline careless. I walked into the restaurant and stood amongst a group of six or so staff who studiously ignored me, making me feel entirely unwelcome. Eventually, we were shown to our table where we were left for around twenty minutes before someone came to take a drinks order. We had to ask for some bread to get us through the wait for our starters. The bread was very poor quality and came with some strange green mush which tasted like grass, very unusual. The menu was needlessly complicated on one level whilst being unsophisticated from a descriptive point of view.

Our starters were perfectly fine although three small prawns on a bed of chopped tomatoes didn't sate my appetite and so I looked forward to the arrival of our main courses.

The main course portions were very large I think this must appeal to those less interested in the quality. The salads were complicated but hearty and my wife and daughter were happy with their choices. My pork was overcooked and dry which made me regret the choice, although the accompanying vegetables were well prepared and satisfactory.

I tempered my expectations, understanding that Olsztyn isn't Warsaw (I have been coming to Olsztyn for 15 years), but I have had better meals in Olsztyn and I would say this restaurant needs to focus on improving its staff and the service they offer. The quality of the cooking could also stand some improvement.

1  Thank Dale3000
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

High quality food and drinks, nice sized portions and ridiculously generous cake portions. It's probably enough for a meal in itself. As the locals say it: rozkosz

Date of visit: July 2019