“Hotel Velaves”
Review of Maloves SPA

Maloves SPA
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wladyslawowo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family has spent 3 weeks at this hotel.The building and the facilities are nice, but the place is run by very unprofessional and rude personel.There is really no front desk only 2 stands with a guy behined the computer desk .At the check in ,instead of a nice greeting and courtuasy, they demanded that family will prepay the entire stay (3 wks) upfront(!)Not a small amount considering that they charge $200 per room/per night.In addition,no extra service could be obtained at the hotel without paying and putting a deposit in advance.There was extra charge for towels(in a 5 stars hotel!).In addition they overcharged my credit card by over $400 after I left the hotel.A lot of humiliation and distrust,will never go to this place again.The menager should be fired and replaced immediately,otherwise this potentially nice hotel will have no future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bogdan M

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent there three weeks during the European Championships. The room was great, spacious and comfortable, even if the curtains could be more blinding as in June the sun rise at 3.30 and there's lots of light. Breakfast and restaurant were of very good standard, and the staff always friendly. The rooms looking on the Baltic Sea get fantastic views, as it's the bar on the fourth floor, where you can watch a wonderful sunset. Problem is what do you do here. The sea is cold and in the village there's basically nothing to do. The hotel was full of Polish families with kids and everyone feel free to go round in his bathrobe. Never went to the spa, that can get quite crowded. If you want to visit this zone, you'd rather stay in Gdansk or Sopot, bt if you need a base in the area, Velaves is ok.

Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was in Velaves with my wife and daughter about month ago. That's the place I was looking for. Wide beach close to the hotel, staff speaking perfectkly English and I was suprised babysitter in the hotel. SPA was without doubt one of the best I 've been.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Where do we begin. :(
We were looking for a spa resort to stay at for our anniversary, we had to pick between this and another 5 star resort on the Baltic. We chose poorly :(
Upon arrival i was told to prepay my room in cash, and give a cash deposit for towels. Serious???? yep i guess these idiots don't understand the meaning of a credit card or running a tab. I paid and then figured on forgetting the lazy checking boy and moving on with the fun, wrong, the room we paid for was an upgraded suite, the room we go was a standard room with a view of the foggy black night. I went to argue with the reception clerk but it ended up with nothing other than him lying, telling me i was wrong and that the room i was in, was the one i ordered, guess photos do lie... The night got worse from there. we decided to have a few drinks at the hotel pool, it was then that we realized we had to pay cash for all our drinks because running a tab wasn't possible at this high end establishment. Guests are not trust worthy. Or evening went down hill from there. Dinner was a disaster as every time i tried to order something, the guy said that kitchen was closed and to order from the bar menu, who hands someone a menu that they can't order from these idiots at Velaves do... Do not stay here what every you do, if your broken down and dying sleep under your car but not here. Even the hot tubs lacked temp and the rooms bath couldn't hold water. 100% disappointment with this place, if i could get away with it, i would drop kick the owners into the Baltic.

Room Tip: What ever you do, do not stay here......
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Speel
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Me and my husband booked a night at the hotel for our anniversary. We chose a upper standard room portrayed on the we site as spacious and with a glass ceiling.....we got a wary basic room instead. The service was awfull. We wanted to buy a drink at the pool we had to pay on the spot , couldn't charge it to our room again awful lady at the spa reception wasn't very helpful.At the restaurant we were given a couple menus to pick from only to find out that most of the kitchens(italian, thai and another one) aren't open....got served a tequila with a lemon :))) This was one of the most nerve wracking stays ,I do not recommend this hotel unless you want to practice Your patience:)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BarC_86
Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you want to become very nervous, come to this terrible place. We booked a package with room and some spa services. When we arrived at the reception our package was not registrated. The guy at the reception was not sorry at all and was explaining us that it was for sure our mistake. The first words were not "hello" or "welcome" but "you have to leave a deposit if you want some towels for the swimming pool". We asked if it was possible to get a room service for dinner. Once again the first answer was to inform us that we will have to pay an extra charge for this service. But, when we called the restaurant to order, they explained us that it was impossible to have room service in this winter period. The room was dark, without any decoration and not very clean. The spa was full of noisy kids : strange for a place where you look for peace. Generaly the service is unpleasant and not professional. You get always different informations when you ask different persons. And those informations are always wrong. We will never come back in this terrible place and we do not recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Marc1960pl
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Wow! Last time I stayed here was 3 years ago and then I remember a pleasant hotel, friendly staff and good spa. This visit was a completely different experience.

Check-in was a joke. I had to pay for the room on arrival only to be told that if I wanted towels for the pool and spa I would need to leave a PLN 100 deposit because guests steal the towels. "We like to scare the guests a bit in order that no-one steals" was the explanation of the front desk. Once I pre paid for the room and paid the towel deposit I was informed that if I wanted to charge anything to the room then I should leave an imprint of my credit card...and i should decide how much they should block up front...curious. On finally receiving our room key they told us that our bath robes would be delivered within the hour....needless to say it took 2 hours. A spa hotel with no robes.....welcome to Velaves.

Room: Deluxe Double (305) - Small and a bit shabby. Mini TV on wall with broken screen. Room was red hot!

SPA: Pool was infested with screaming kids....seems like the hotel is selling package offers to familes with young kids....made the whole relaxation thing an imposibility. Even the pool on the 4th floor, next to the bar was full of kids. In addition the pool is missing tiles which simply havent been replaced, making it not only shabby but also a health hazard.

Restaurant: 4th floor restaurant made a decent attempt but fell short of a decent standard. Food could be prepared better at home by an average cook.

I spend 100 nights per year in hotels and I've lived in Poland for 4 years so I'm used to the peculiarities that Polish hotels throw at guests but Velaves is setting the standard for poor service and lack of attention to detail. They are also forgetting that a spa is a place for people to relax....

My advice is spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JPMcG76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wladyslawowo
Apart Hotel Gwiazda Morza
Hotel La Siesta
Hotel La Siesta
#3 of 10 in Jastrzebia Gora
Hotel Bryza Resort & SPA

Been to Maloves SPA? Share your experiences!