“Great stay”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Szczecin
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and I found the hotel to be clean and tidy. Our double room had ample space for a few nights stay but there was lots of hangers and space if you were staying longer. 10 mins walk from the station and lots of shops and nightlife within a short walk. I borrowed a hairdryer from Reception and they have a locked room for leaving your luggage - anything we asked the staff they were more than helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for two nights in April, this being our third stay at this hotel. The price, quality etc is all good, however it lost marks for me on this occasion because we had a cold night! They have put summer duvets on (understandable for April), however it was unseasonably cold outside, so we asked reception if we could have extra bed covers. We were told they didn't have any and so had quite a chilly night as the room heating isn't great. Also there was an annoying noise from the fan/air duct in the bathroom which we couldn't switich off which reception said would go off itself during the night. The next day we were given an additional duvet which sorted the problem, but this should really have been available the first night.

Overall a very good budget hotel in a good location which comfortable and does the job. Slightly let down on this occasion, but it wouldn't put me off staying here again!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a bath I think you have to ask for it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chief270974
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This hotel made for a cheap break as in total I paid £116 for a double room for 5 nights. However, considering how incredibly cheap food and drink is in the city, I would not for a second recommend ordering from the bar or getting breakfast. For 39PLN (or 7 ish quid) the breakfast buffet was small and simple and not at all enticing. We were also charged 59PLn for a vodka red bull and jack daniels and coke when in bars across the city it would cost no more than 30PLN at the most expensive.

The hotel room was average, but lacked a safety deposit box. Free wifi is included but for two days we struggled with connection (not so good for picking up business emails etc). The staff were very helpful and wouldnt hesitate to arrange any of our cabs.

All in all, for what it was- a cheap break- I cannot complain.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sinead M
Glasgow
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night, booking the day before on the internet. As such we paid the full price, around £35 or thereabouts. We've stayed here before, so knew what to expect. The hotel is reasonably close to the main railway station and also the city centre.

The rooms are basic (as in all budget hotels) and small however they are very comfortable, clean and provide an excellent base. Complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits are provided, some rooms have a bath (we asked for one and got it), satellite TV in rooms (mostly Polish and German channels) and the bed is big with a good mattress.

Having stayed in the Novotel Szczecin I can honestly say this hotel is just as good (in terms of comfort), albeit with a smaller room. However in taking into account the price and service, I'd go with the Campanille every time!

Room Tip: Ask for a bath (if you like baths)!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chief270974
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Hotel is situated in the city center close to main attractions and restaurants. This is typpical Campanile standard -rooms are big enough and clean. There is a free WiFi in the hotel and restaurant. You have to pay extra for breakfest and parking.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slawekg07
La Granja de San Ildefonso, Spain
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Really this is a standard hotel from Campanile chain, offers a good situation if you are travelling for business. Good WIFI access, room with a good desk and restaurant ok, but without tipically polish food...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FrancescTort
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed at the Campanile Szczecin Hotel for one night while heading south in Europe.

The hotel is located quite centrally in Szczecin. Easy to park the car right outside the hotel, free of charge. The neighbourhood is a bit noisy (traffic) but I was in no way disturbed and slept comfortably during the night.

The room is standard and what you would expect from a two star hotel. Still clean and in good shape.

When arriving I was handed two coupons that said “A glass to welcome you, Free at our bar”. Very nice I thought and went to the bar.
The bartender replied: No no, no free drinks in the bar. Go to the restaurant, buy some food and you’ll get your free drink.
Hm, that’s NOT free. However, as I was hungry I went to the restaurant at seven o’clock in the evening. Just to realize that they already had closed…
So, I could not try the free drink or get an evening supper. Luckily they served breakfast in the morning, served in a buffet form (international/Polish), which was rather nice. As mostly overpriced but still good.

The staff at the hotel (reception and breakfast) was kind and helpful in all situations, which was much appreciated. Don’t forget to ask for free WiFi pass.

To summarize it: I would recommend the hotel if you need a normal not overpriced standard room in Szczecin for a couple of days.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business