“Best fitness facilities”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Szczecin
Hamburg, Germany
“Best fitness facilities”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel, great if you have energy for fitness. Avoid breakfast at 630 as its packed with pensioners on tours. Agree the breakfast is good, shame the serve fruit fresh from the tin and crap juices

rooms are average in decor and they need now some updating to reach the normal Radisson standards

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Juergen P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Szczecin, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Kenneth,
many thanks for staying with us in Szczecin ! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. Our entire team can`t wait to welcoming you back !
I will pass your Review to our Fitness Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Malmö
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed here with friends and as International standard, I'd say the hotel is good. The rooms were decently large and clean. Pillows good and the bathroom clean and nice. There is a SPA in basically the same building, so we also went there for treatments.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Thulle,
many thanks for staying with us in Berlin! We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. Thank you very much from the entire team !
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were staying in this hotel because we had a seminar for a group of customers from Eastern Europe and Central Asia. There was about 30 of us in the group. Our company has an office near this town so we were there to see the facility as well. Most of our colleagues stay at this hotel and it is probably the biggest one for groups. In fact, I am not sure why all the tourists were at the hotel - it was filled with groups of older people from I guess Germany. Not sure what the attraction is because I went for a walk around town and it was more or less... Hotel is very central.

This is just a standard hotel. The room was average size as was the bathroom. Nothing really stands out. The bed was ok. The room was too warm so I just turned of the heat and I was comfortable. I sent my laundry out in the morning and it was back in about 2 hours - without me requesting a rush. That was impressive. We had a dinner at the hotel and the food was ok. We also had lunch and breakfast - both of those rather meh... Not much selection for breakfast and lunch had too much creamy dressing and sauces on everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Juergen P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Szczecin, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for continuing to choose our hotel and I hope to welcome you back many many times in the future. With kind regards
Kapolei, Hawaii
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The most impressive hotel fitness center I've seen. The breakfast was amazing with great variety of food. Loved the convenient location. Easy walk to shopping, the castle and lots of food and drinking places. Couldn't have asked for more. Only criticism was the bath towels - very rough towels that seemed more appropriate to use as a floor towel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SeanB_10
Dear Sean,
thank you for such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, thank you for continuing to choose our hotel and I hope to welcome you back many times in the future.
With kind regards J
juergen Preiss
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel did everything I asked of it.

Room was modern, clean, smartly decorated and wifi was free.

Restaurant is OK without being special (There was another, more upmarket, restaurant but it was closed in August. There is a large bar with inside and outside seating.

Excellent for a business stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Juergen P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Szczecin, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Really,,
With kind regards
Warsaw
Reviewed September 21, 2013

During reservation I asked for a queen bed. I got two single beds. Even though I am gold member of Carlson Club, I was not upgraded, even though other rooms were available. Room was not renovated for many years, Very old stylish and basically equipped. Many 3 star Novotel hotels offer better standard. Old 21 inch tube TV. Very expensive mini bar (15 PLN for a can of Coke). First ever Radisson hotel that doesn't offer typical nice soaps and shampoos. They just offer Dove soap and shampoo. None of the power outlets in the room worked. Therefore desk lamp and room lamp were not operational. No floor ice machines available. Only room service ice possible.
Very poor choice and quality. More like 3 star hotel. On my first day a lot of things were missing - tomatoes, cucumber, orange juice, bacon and some other. Over my whole breakfast only orange juice was added. It wasn't cooled, at room temperature. Coffee is not delivered fresh to the table. It just sits there and waits for another guest. At my table milk jar was empty. Water is available in plastic bottles standing on its on. In may 3 star hotels it is in glass bottles put in coolers. Choice and prices for room service are attractive. Unfortunately 20 PLN delivery charge makes it absolutely unattractive. Also according to menu it is available only until 10 or 11 pm. After that time only breakfast items are available.
Checkin and checkout were OK, but average. Very bad experience at fitness centre. I had appointment for a massage. I identified myself at reception and as I was early I went to a swimming pool. I watched the clock and left pool 5 minutes before massage. However the clock was late by 10 minutes and receptionist didn't think to coem and warn me. When I was out she just told me I was late for a massage. When I complained that alarm clock was wrongly set, she said "impossible, all clocks are synchronised". Then she went to check it. When she was back, she said that only this one clock was wrong. Even though at hotels fault my massage finished on time (shorter by 10 minutes). Next day when I went to the pool, alarm clock was still not corrected.
There is fitness centre with the pool available. Pool was quite OK, but a bit too shallow on one end. There is a lot of paint falling off the wall. Chairs are old and cushions are cracking. I think that small investment would make much different feeling.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel unless you can get a 3 star hotel deal (200 PLN and less).
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Doswiadczony

Travelers are raving about these Szczecin hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Raddison Blue Hotel in Szczecin is 4 star-hotel, but if I could change the category I would give them 3+ stars. Design of the room is a bit out of date, especially bedspread, which looks terrible. I had standard room with comfortable bad, also iron board and iron is available, which was very useful. In bathroom you are given small set of Raddison’s cosmetics (unfortunately, cotton buds are not included). I couldn’t find also safe box. Internet is out of charge.
Unfortunately, bartenders in lobby were unpleasant. Also in bar on the last floor waiters weren’t welcome. Service should be improved!

I stayed during the weekend. On Sunday bread and breadrolls were stale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Juergen P, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Szczecin, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Dear ,
we appreciate that you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.