“Another wonderful stay”

Sofitel Grand Sopot
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Sopot
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the place to stay in Sopot. The staff are amazing, friendly and so helpful. The rooms are exceptional, roomy, clean, and the amenities are second to none. I certainly recommend this place as it is excellent value for money. We cannot wait to return in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GeneralManagerSopot, General Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear C00psy,

Thank you for such wonderful a feedback! Our aim is to have all of our guests spend magnifique moments at Sofitel Grand Sopot.
I am truly glad to hear that you have so much enjoyed your stay with us.
It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Warm greetings,

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Grand Sopot

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel building is impressive and beautifully located. Friendly staff. Great view from the room. Nice pool. Slightly disappointing because of the dirty showers in the changing rooms ( matted hair in the shower for 3 days), cigarette smell in the common areas, chambermaid service could be more thorough.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSopot, General Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Simon W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel Grand Sopot.
We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. Our goal is to always exceed our guest's expectations. We value your comments and we will take immediate steps to correct the inconvenience that has occured.
We hope that you will consider staying at Sofitel Grand Sopot again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known around the world.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Being on look-out for a perfect weekend get-away to give as a christmas present for my boyfriend, brought me to Sofitel Grand Sopot, Poland! As it turns out, several of my friends had already been there, and recommended the hotel.
It took some hunting for an e-mail address, I managed to find it on the hotels Facebook-page. Via e-mail I arranged pick-up service and champagne + fruit at the room upon arrival Everything was handled with care, and the service was brilliant.

The hotel staff was genuine serviceminded, and did their outmost for us to feel comfortable. From arrival Friday night until check-out (late check-out, no problem) Monday evening, we felt the hospitality and warmth from well-trained staff - from consierge to restaurant manager.

Breakfast was fine, I could have wanted the cheese, fish and diary products to have been kept on ice-cubes. Didn't look too fresh at 10 am. Menu of eggs and extra was available, and our eggs came to the table within 5 minutes every morning.

We had lunch in the restaurant one day, and the food was delicious! Indulge yourself :)

Spa-area was quiet and gave us a luxury-feeling. We pampered ourselves with a "couple's massage" (classic massage), and were taken care of in the best hands. I also did pedicure, which gave me superservice and quality.

WiFi was perfect. Only had to log in once.

Best bed ever in a hotel! 2.40 meters wide! (Stayed in a Luxury club qeen-size bedroom with sea-view). Room was 32m2 and had all the ameneties we wanted. Refilled with Nespresso-coffee and clean cups every morning and evening!

If I ever go back to Sopot, this is the place!

Room Tip: Book a room with sea-view. Luxury room type was great and had all it promised.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerSopot, General Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear HospitalityHilde,

Thank you for your kind comment.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests at Sofitel Grand Sopot.

We truly believe that the time spent in Sopot will be worth remembering!

Please do visit us again in the near future.

Warm greetings,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We booked this hotel because of what other people had said about it and of the way it looked. We were there in the middle of February which was indeed not the busiest season, I presume, but it was, however, a really great stay.

We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every bit of it. The hotel is huge and very classy, the rooms were really lovely, spacious and comfortable. I had read about a so called "pillow menu" but we didn't get one of those in our room which was slight a pity because the pillows were to high. The had a Nespresso machine in the room and 4 bottles of water and these were for free, a great mini bar which was a bit expensive. You received shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower gel from L'occitane which I liked. The spa area was not really what I expected because I wished they would have had a jacuzzi as well to relax in but it was pretty nice anyway. We had a massage (190 zly). The breakfast was quite expensive (80 zly) and if you eat a lot it might be worth it. There is a lot to choose from and probably one of the nicest hotel breakfasts I've seen. What was very exquisite with this hotel was the service - really great.

I recommend you really to choose this hotel and preferably in the summer!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is overlooking the beach/sea because we had one overlloking the parking lot w...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerSopot, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Madeleine Rex,

Thank you very much for choosing Sofitel Grand for your stay in Sopot.

We are thrilled that you had such a pleasant stay and we would like to thank you for your kind words to our staff. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely yours,
Karolina Polaska

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Located on the beach in Sopot this majestic hotel harks back to grander times without sparing any modern luxury. Everything about the hotel is effortless and pleasant. From the wonderful desk staff to the sublimely comfortable beds and amazing views of the beach and famous Sopot Pier.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 10,111,011

Dear Limerick,

Thank you so much for sharing your impressions from your stay at Sofitel Grand Sopot.

We are very happy that you had a great stay and enjoyed your time at our hotel!

We wish you all the best and would be happy to welcome you back upon your next stay in Sopot!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I have just spent an amazing weekend at this wonderful hotel. Words cannot express how much we enjoyed ourselves, from the moment we walked into the foyer to the time we left for the airport. All the staff were truly amazing, so helpful and kind. The rooms were spotless, the beds amazing (the best nights sleep I have had in a long time). The restaurant and bar were also delightful and the breakfast out of this world. We spent time in the spa and the facilities were second to none. I have stayed in many hotels and I would certainly return to this one, for professionalism of the staff, value for money, facilities, and comfort.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I have stayed at Sofitel -the Grand Amsterdam, Heathrow airport terminal 5,and they were good, but this one outshines the other two.
It was a celebration for our 30th wedding anniversar,y with the family, they did not know this but when they found out, we had beautiful truffles and oranges delivered to our room. Amazing.
Thank you to all the staff at hte Sofitel Grand Sopot, you made our break a truly memorable one. We shall be back.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerSopot, General Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Family!

We are delighted that you visited us at Sofitel Grand Sopot and that you chose us to celebrate such a special occasion as your Wedding Anniversary!

Sopot is an ideal place for a family getaway which you have experienced on your own.

We are also glad that you could use our numerous facilities. In Sofitel Grand you can never be bored!

In Sopot both summer and winter seasons are beautiful. We will be very pleased if next time you could visit us in the summer and use our Private Beach Club aswell as go for a swim in the refreshing Baltic Sea.

We very much appreciate your warm comment and we are looking forward to welcome you again at our beautiful property!

Kind regards,
Patrick Carabin- General Manager
Karolina Polaska- Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you have any inkling to go to this hotel definitely go! The setting, atmosphere guest relations and sheer luxury of this hotel are second to none. From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice the hotel is beautiful outside and inside. The rooms are spacious and the bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in ever! They have everything you could you could possibly want in the rooms from robes and slippers to ear buds and cleansing pads.
On the first night they had a function which unfortunately was directly under my room and I could hear the vibrations, as I was exhausted (we had been travelling from 6.30am) I went down to reception to find out what time it was finished and to see if the manager was on the following morning. The receptionist couldn't have been more helpful offering to move me if I wanted (I didn't it was 12pm) and generally trying to see if there was anything she could do. I opted in the end to go out for a while until it finished or I got too tired to care about the noise. The following morning we went into Gdansk an absolutely beautiful city without speaking to the manager because upon reflection after some sleep I decided it hadn't bothered me enough to complain but when we returned that night to my complete surprise and delight I found a lovely bottle of wine and a note from the manager requesting to meet. This is what I call guest relations!!
Unfortunately I didn't meet the manager as we were trying to see as much as we could of this fabulous place in a very short space of time so if he reads this I would like to thank him for making my stay even more enjoyable.
Now to the spa...oh bliss ...the view from the loungers spectacular...the fluffy towels, the general sense of peace and well being you get the second you get to the reception...the staff...so friendly (not generally a common thing in Poland I've found in the service industry) it really is fantastic.
All in all if you want the friendliest staff,sheer luxury,a fabulous setting even in the middle of winter go to this hotel, you won't regret it and I for one can't wait to come back :)

Room Tip: Get a sea view...worth every penny!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ainek39
GeneralManagerSopot, General Manager at Sofitel Grand Sopot, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Ainek39,

We are very happy that you had a great stay and enjoyed your time at our hotel!