“excellent meal”
Review of Prologue Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Prologue Restaurant & Bar
Description: Dear Guests We resumed our services and can’t wait for you to try our new Summer Menu. Please keep an eye out for our changing opening times, we are constantly tailoring them to your needs. It feels great to be back! We are looking forward to see you. Team Prologue
Reviewed July 13, 2016

I attended dinner with four other people. All dishes were excellent and the portions were sufficient. The presentation was great. It would be great if the owners would include variety of coffee, including expresso. Sitting is a bit crowded but.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Booked this meal for my partners birthday, the restaurant is very trendy and looks over the harbour which makes it lovely for sitting outside and watching everyone go by. Unfortunately this restaurant is not suitable for vegetarians with no options on the menu. I did ask if something could be made but the choice wasn’t very appealing and therefore wouldn’t really be worth paying for. My partner loved his, he ordered the steak and said it tasted great. I had pre-booked before arrival based on reviews I had read. I told them it was for his birthday and they came out with a desert / candle which was a really lovely touch. My recommendation would be if you love meat this would be a great choice although for the price I would say there is plenty of other restaurants along the port which are just as good / better for a cheaper price.

2  Thank Bellaboo1990
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

Having had a heavy breakfast, I was looking for a healthy lite bite for lunch, and stumbled upon Prologue on the waterfront with a comfortable outside seating and lovely canal view. The restaurant baked bread was literally to die for, truthfully the best bread I have ever eaten, and I myself even bake home made crusty breads. The true star for me was the Chlodnik, or cold beet soup, which was chilled, fresh, bursting with flavor and chock full of crisp vegetables. The explosion of flavors had had me talking about this soup for days, and I may have to go back for a second round. For Poles, this restaurant is pricy, but for Americans, I would say it was moderately priced. My husband had the Tuna Tartare which he enjoyed. The service was friendly and prompt and overall this was a very good experience. I would definitely recommend Prologue to my beat friends!

Reviewed July 6, 2016

We booked this restaurant one month in advance due to the high rating on TripAdvisor. We had to change the number of people from 2 to 3 at the last minute. When we arrived, we were given a table inside next to the kitchen. It was extremely hot and we asked for a table outside. At first we were told it was not possible but after making some trouble they re-seated us outside at a lovely spot.

That was the most negative thing I can say about our visit as the rest of the experience was extremely nice.

Our meal started with a bottle of Duckhorn Decoy Chardonnay from California. A wonderful an example of California Chardonnay as can be found in Europe. Prologue was having a technical issue with their icemaker so it was not quite cold enough. But still enjoyable.

The menu offered a good selection of meat and fish along with some pastas. I opted for the cheese wrapped in pastry as a starter as did my wife. It was absolutely exquisite. Cooked to perfection with hazel nuts surrounding the plate. A wonderful combination of flavors and textures. We both loved it. Our companion chose the Dutch Herring which she said was perfect. It is not my favorite so I will not make a recommendation for it. However, I do recommend our starter, cheese in pastry.

My main course was the rib-eye steak. Extremely tasty and cooked to perfection. It was on the small side but no matter. My wife had the sole and she loved it as well.

The Pavlova for dessert was amazing and equal to the quality of the rest of the meal.

If you want a very good meal on the busy side of the canal then Prologue should be a top choice.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

Pros: nice service and quite quick (as for GDN) service, nice location, good selection of wines, cozy atmosphere, a bit away from the main center so less crowded.
Cons: too expensive for this type of food, meals good but far away from perfect

Date of visit: June 2016