“Some levels above the other along the pier”
Review of Prologue Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Prologue Restaurant & Bar
Description: Dear Guests We resumed our services and can’t wait for you to try our new Summer Menu. Please keep an eye out for our changing opening times, we are constantly tailoring them to your needs. It feels great to be back! We are looking forward to see you. Team Prologue
Reviewed June 30, 2016

After reading Trip,s five stars review of this restaurant, I decided to venture out in search of something above the rest along the pier.Without a table reservation, it was not easy to persuade the maître d's that we could eat in the bar.Once we have familiarized ourselves with the staff they showed that they were a very service-minded restaurant staff. Prolouge has a lot ambiance.The menu is very much a reflection of what is modern today all over Europe,unfortunately, we were never informed that there were more options on the blackboard. The plates were beautifully presented, it was just a side order that never showed up.But we found it on the bill.A trifle in a good restaurant visits

1  Thank Phayao13

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Still number one in Gdansk. More expensive but worth of it. Adress is misleading. Go inside from waterfront side.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Myself and my partner ate at prologue last night I was very underdressed (shorts and tshirt) for the cool hip casual dining crowd, next time I will throw on a shirt.

We were welcomed in none the less it was late on a Monday night I would think you need to book weekends.

Service was friendly informative and attentive but not over bearing. The food was wonderful and creative, nice touches like a cucumber sorbe on the hot night we were their. Whe. I order the lamb he sheepishly asked how I wanted it cooked I said pink he then said thank god as that's how they cooked it so I knew it was a good sign.

I would put this on a par with some on the top (non Michelin star) but not far off restaraunt in Dublin but at 40% the price.

I am going to go for dinner or lunch again before we leave Gdansk easily the best food in the city at a reasonable (Western Europe) price. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Thomas_OBie
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

The food is very good
I had steak and my wife the duck both cooked to perfection .
My starter of calamari was overcooked the
Sardines was ok .
Service could be better .
The place just needs a proper host as some people just walk in and nobody is there to greet or direct them .

Reviewed June 27, 2016

A popular restaurant, so my advice would be to book in advance. We had delicious and sophisticated food but the restaurant was so busy it felt rather stressful; staff racing around like headless chickens. We didn't get a menu for 20 minutes. No A/C either and it was very hot! A table outside would probably be the best in the summer months if you can pick & choose. One of our dishes was cold and sent back, this was dealt with professionally, and within minutes a new hot dish replaced it. Some people seemed to get a palate cleanser before their last course, we didn't, not sure if they were so busy they forgot? Sorry to say we wouldn't rush back even though the food was good. A restaurant is about much more than just the food, at those prices it is about the experience too.