“Excellent service and wonderful breakfast”
Review of Hotel Bonum

Hotel Bonum
Ranked #27 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Bonum Hotel for 3 nights on a short break. The room was very clean, tastefully decorated with a lovely modern bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities provided along with bottles of mineral water. The reception staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The breakfast - where do I start, beautifully fresh and lovely presentation, with plenty of choice to suit all tastes. I only wish I had stayed more days to try all the choices of cheeses and cooked meats. We also had a meal in the restaurant one evening as well - this again was very well cooked and presented with good service. The location of this hotel is about 5-10 minutes walk to the waterfront with its restaurants or to the old town and beautiful main street. The hotel is larger than it appears from the photographs. If returning to Gdansk, I would use this hotel again for location and good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 52Patricia
DobryHotel, General Manager at Hotel Bonum, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you very much for choosing Bonum Hotel and for such great recommendation. We are delighted to receive such a positive feedback from our guests. Knowing that our service has good quality is really precious to us. We hope that we will have pleasure to host you again in future!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Location and price. These two arguments we can assess as the advantage of this hotel. It is centrally located close to the most prestigious street in Gdansk. It was price reasonably. It is 3-star hotel so expect some problems, like Wifi that sometimes didn't work. In general it was fine.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
DobryHotel, General Manager at Hotel Bonum, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your opinion. Knowing that some guests had some problems to connect with our wi-fi, we have just launched new wireless network so now there should be no troubles with the connection in the entire hotel!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel was very good,location and staff very friendly and helpful.will defo stay there again if I go back to Glans.

Room Tip: I found the hotel to be just fine,location close to the waterfront and all the pubs and places to ea...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank billycotton17
DobryHotel, General Manager at Hotel Bonum, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you very much for visiting Bonum Hotel and for your opinion. It is great to know that you enjoyed spending time in our hotel. We warmly invite you during your next visit in Gdańsk.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The best feature about this place is the location. Although in kind off poor ish area still there is no problem from any chavs can't even see them. This is subsidise by walking distance to all the tourist attractions in Gdansk like The Crane or Neptune's Statue. It's easy to find using sat nav and easy to park car outside the hotel. There is no charge for car park. Hotel itself is really nicely done up but you still can find rough bits around the edges. Rooms are small to medium size. I can imagine that some of the rooms are nosy ie my room was right next to the lift shaft and I could hear it at some point in the morning. Also the floors are wooden not carpet so when I got back to the hotel in 3 o'clock in the morning having more alcohol than blood in my body I made some noise by just walking into my room. The reception is 24h and they do the job. Really friendly, nice and helpfull. There is an extra charge for breckfast (I think it's about £8) but I never got the chance to try it and test it so I can't say anything.
I paid £57 per night on weekend in season in July. I thing it's a bargain for the hotel standard. I think it can get noisy for some of the customers due to the way they build the hotel. I'm sure if you weren't happy the reception would transfer you to different room if avalible. So I would stay in that hotel again cause having only 3* it exceeds the expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Michalus83
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you very much for visiting Bonum Hotel and for giving such a positive opinion. We do appreciate your kind words directed towards our hotel staff. We hope that you will choose our hotel again during your next visit in Gdańsk. We are looking forward to it!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Donal K
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel and I can recommend it to everyone who's after a basic hotel in a peaceful area. The hotel and the rooms were very clean, everything was working and we had no problems with toilets or anything, as stated here earlier. The staff are very helpful, the restaurant is good and the breakfast is amazing with your basic bacon&eggs but also with local dishes. Our room was ok, it wasn't too big but it didn't matter as we didn't spent too much time there. There are a few negative aspects: there is no air-conditioning in the rooms and I can only imagine how hot the rooms will be during the summer months! The walls really are thin, so you'd better hope for peaceful neighbours. The train station, a shopping mall and the riverside are really close by. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Heini83
DobryHotel, General Manager at Hotel Bonum, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you very much for staying in Bonum Hotel and for your recommendation. It is extremely precious for us to hear that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We do hope that you will have pleasure to host you again in future. We are looking forward to it.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel with my g/f 3 nights in Feb 2012. Hotel is about 10-15 mins walk from the train station also from the center. What to say about this hotel. We have paid 288 eur/3nights for 2 people. For the same money we could stay in Radisson Blu and would have been probably better. The website of this hotel looks very nice but the reality a different. Staff was very helpful and cheerful, however the quality of the rooms was not so great. Lots of dust, small holes in the bed linen, very cold in the room even with the heater on, theere was draft through the windows. In addition the heather in the bathroom did not have the switch, so no one could turn it on. Shower did not drain properly. We have booked a room with double bed, however we just go a double bed by joining 2 single beds together. This is inappropriate and should not be happening. The only positive side was the breakfast. Very rich, good offerings, good quality, one could choose from countless varieties of sweets, meats, vegetables, breads etc. The breakfast was the best part of our stay. If I would stay in this hotel next time. For this price, probably not, if it was in the area of 50eur/night, I would.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alespesl
DobryHotel, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bonum, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Mr Pesl,

Thank you very much for this comment. Any feedback from our guests is extremely precious for us.
It was a great pleasure to host you in our hotel and we are truly sorry that you had to deal with some inconvenience during your visit.
The location of our hotel, among the buildings of “Old Gdańsk”, seems to be very attractive for our guests, however, at the same time happens to be quite difficult. The “dust” you mentioned is not the effect of our staff neglects, but the soot from the adjacent stacks that comes through the windows and settles on the furniture. According to the bedclothes, we are systematically changing it for new ones and at the moment there are only a few rooms left where it hasn’t been done yet.
The hotel building is a renovated old tenement house. Since it is classified as historic building we have limited permission to interfere in the structure of the building. That is why, the heating during winter, happens to be insufficient. For this reason, we have additional heaters that we give to our guests if the temperature in the room appears to be too low for them. It’s a great shame that you have not reported your problems with the heater/shower and other claims at the reception. We would remove faults immediately or give you different room.
It is very nice to hear that you found the breakfasts tasty and the hotel stuff was helpful and cheerful. We do our best so that all the services are on the same high level.
If you ever decide to choose our hotel in the future, please contact directly with the manager of the hotel and refer to this correspondence, as we would like to compensate somehow the defaults.