“Nice hotel, perfect location, super service”
Review of La Petite B&B

La Petite B&B
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Gdansk
“Nice hotel, perfect location, super service”
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Excellent price value, combined with the best traditions of superb Polish service and friendliness. This is why the hotel gets full marks. Only 2 mins walk gets you to the tram station which takes you to the centre in 10mins or less. The room was clean and nice size. Note there is no elevator so if you have a lot of luggage try and get a room lower down. The price for a room was really good. We stayed in room 12 at the top of the house with a very nice view over the city. I think the area is safe, we had the badge stolen off the front of the car, but I guess that was just kids. Recommend staying there if you are visiting Gdansk.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Small, smart hotel which is a short, easy tram ride to the beautiful city centre. It has nice, modern rooms, with excellent wifi. Self-service breakfast, which was tasty. Staff were friendly and helpful too. This was a business trip, but I would return as a tourist too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I only chose this hotel because of the positive references I saw in this website but my experience there was a total disaster. We stayed 3 nights there and nobody cleaned our room. I complained about it at the reception desk and the receptionist said: "no way!" as if it was not true. Anyway he wrote it down but nothing happened. Our room was quite big and I have no complaints about that but the bed linen was dirty and smells like old and dry sweat. I also found a lot of hair in the bed and pillows from previous guests. In my last day I got sick cause I am highly allergic to dust and nobody cleaned our room during our staying so I complained again with another receptionist at the check out but she kept interrupting me and saying that I was all the time in the room and that is why nobody ever cleaned it. I asked if she would like to see my pictures in my camera, showing that we went out a lot in Gdansk but she refused. She called the housekeeper and told her what I said about the lack of service in my room and the woman started shouting in polish that I was lying which was horrible.The receptionist was not professional as she should talk to the housekeeper in private instead of putting her in front of us to confront us in a language we didn't understand. When the housekeeper started shouting, nobody from the staff did anything. I felt disrespected and humiliated. I also complained about the breakfast cause when something finishes they often don't replace it so we had to eat our breakfast early in the morning if we wanted to find enough food to eat! The free wifi in the room never worked. It was my birthday and I wanted to check my birthday wishes but I couldn't. By the way I asked the hotel if they had something special for guests that have their birthdays during their staying there cause in my country the hotels always give you an upgrade or a free drink whatsoever. They said they could provide something as long as I paid for it. They have no elevators and nobody will help you with your luggage, so if you are in the last floor be ready to carry some weight up and down the stairs. The elevator issue is also a problem at night cause we could hear the other guests leaving and arriving all the time and it is impossible to sleep well with all the noise. I sent an email to the hotel after leaving Poland to complain about my staying there and the same woman who talked to me when I checked out sent me a couple emails offending me and not apologizing which was strange. I mean, they made a mistake and they talked to me in a rude way?? She was only nice to me when I said that I would write about it on Trip Advisor but that's too late now! She was not professional at all and she was quite rude so when I decided to treat her the same way she said I was not being nice (oh really??) Anyway I don't recommend this place and I don't see why everyone here loved it so much. It's not located downtown, food is so-so, rooms are dusty and service is horrible. I could spend the whole day talking about the bad things I saw and the horrible treatment I got but to sum up: going to this place was a HUGE mistake that I will never make again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Maritje
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Very good price. Large room. Approaches for family with children. Only 3-4 tram stops from central station and main Gdansk attractions. Friendly staff.
A good breakfast. Nearby – a lots of supermarkets.
No minuses.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Just back from Gdansk having stayed for 2 nights. The positives - a very nice, modern hotel room, superb breakfast, nice quiet residential neighborhood, ~5 minute walk to tram station, trams every ~ 5 minutes, 2 stops in city centre (5 minute duration), staff all very friendly. The negatives - NONE! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Dont missjudge the hotel because of the road that leads to it. The foad is bumpy but when onplace you will be welcomed very friendly by the employes. The rooms are spacy and clean and the bathrooms too. You got towels and hair drier so dont need to take thouse. Anoother nice thing is that the price includes breakfast in the shape of sweedish table. Domt worry if something runs out the staff brings more. You can also order scrambled eggs or toasts with egg which are realy tasty. Overal the hotel, atmosphere and price are excelent. Oh and one more thing there is a bar inthe hotel so you canorder a bear at the evening.

• Stayed June 2011
Trzebież
Reviewed June 20, 2011

not expensive, very clean, perfect breakfast,close to old downtown, close to public transport

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business