All reviews pine forest room service min walk elevator floor airport
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Friendly and helpful staff, good Polish food for breakfast and dinner, good neat room. This hotel is on the outskirts of Gdansk and quite a long taxi or bus ride from the centre, but it is close to nature reserves, the beach and forests. Very relaxing and a great start to our holiday.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 12345Florence
Reviewed June 6, 2015

A very nice and relaxing place. The beds was good, I got a room with balcony. The room was clean. The restaurant was good, and not to high priced. The only complained was the coffee in the morning, not tasty. I had a very relaxing 3 days in May, very nice to have breakfast in the garden. I can recommed this place.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank henriks123456564654
Reviewed May 11, 2015

The hotel is located 14 kms away from Gdansk, but you can easily get in by local buses (EVERY 20 MINS, COST 3 PLN).
Bartan is situated 10-min walk from a really wide, pure beach, near a pine forest. This is the greatest advantage. The rooms are comfortable, clean up every day. The staff were very kind and helpful, happy to arrange anything you require for, no problem with communication in English. There was a range of delicious food. Nothing to complain about. It was a pleasure to stay there and I would be happy to visit the hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank MargosiaPL
Reviewed May 10, 2015

I stayed at the Hotel Bartan one night, and then for one more night three nights later.

To get from the airport to the central station (Glowny) take bus 210.

From the central station (Glowny) this hotel is 35 minutes away by bus (lines 112 and 186). There is a faster bus line, 212, that runs in the very early morning hours and evening hours which takes 20 minutes (I never took it). Although on the hotel's website there is a shuttle service to Old town listed, it was either not available when I was there, or they no longer offer it.

On lines 112 and 186 you go over a very rough and noisy floating bridge, and stop by a church with a red roof. From there it is about 300 meters to the hotel. There are some beach-type food kiosks, restaurants, and quick-marts on the walk to the hotel. There is a gutted-out old hotel near the road which is covered in signage for the Hotel Bartan. The actual hotel is around the back side of it.

My first night the room (#308) was furnished fairly well, but I noticed a foul smell from the bathroom right away. This smell permeated the room all night, and was off-putting. There was a power outage across the street the first night.

On the second night, I requested a different room due to #308's smell, and got #304. It was a little nicer than #308. I laid down for a quick nap and one of the staff opened the door to the room-no pre knock or anything. That was intrusive. However, before I checked out the next morning, I got a phone call from the front desk to see if I was coming down for breakfast, which I did. The breakfast was nice-they have a menu with about 8 different ways to have eggs cooked to order, as well as a small buffet.

The hotel is near a very nice beach, which is much more than 800 meters away. I'd say approximately 2 km each way through a park/forest.

Taking the bus to and from the hotel to get to the city was irritating. Although the buses are fairly well kept, on one of the rides the overflowing bus was packed with people like sardines.

The staff was friendly. The hotel is relatively inexpensive, but you pay for the bus fare and irritating travel time in return. Due to the first room's smell, and the staff walking in on me, I'd probably pay more to stay somewhere either in town or directly on the beach.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel and staff were very friendly. Unfortunately it is not exactly by the sea it is a 20 to 30 minute walk through the forest on a good track.
Breakfasts were fabulous but we ate out for other meals. No tea or coffee making equipment in the room.

Date of stay: August 2014