All reviews across the river traditional hotel old town beautiful hotel small hotel turn down service jacuzzi bath welcome drink deluxe room concert hall star hotel huge choice beautiful room short walk no elevator loved this hotel weekend trip
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Had stayed there over week ago, beautiful historic building close to old town and main streets but away from traffic and tourists wandering near by, helpful and professional staff, great breakfast with multi choices of fresh food for small hotel, my room -deluxe king was large, with sitting area and beautiful river view, large separate bathroom and toilet room, well equipped. Nice place to relax after all day strolling .Of course welcome mead was superb.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank adaoc08
Podewils_Hotel, Kierownik at Podewils Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Mrs. Adaoc08,
thank you very much for your nice feedback.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Podewils and that you appreciated our beautiful historic building, location and breakfast. It’s comments like these that keep us going! We will pass on your kind words to our staff. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the time spent at our hotel and that we could fully live up to your expectations with the room as well as with the view.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I booked my reservations 3 months ago after so many positive reviews on trip advisor. I have written many reviews and believe I am honest and forthcoming. For us the moment we pulled up we thought we might be at the wrong
hotel. A dead end street with noise from construction and stagnant water. We entered and I believe we were not warmly greeted as one would expect from a hotel with such ratings. The room was on the second floor and not what I had asked for when I booked. We were given a deluxe double with a " view" that I consider much less than adequate.
The room was so small it was a struggle to get our suitcases in the room. The closet was too small to unpack even one suitcase. The two pushed together twin beds were extremely uncomfortable. I knew then I could not stay the 4 nights we had booked ! We did not unpack and tried to make a decision about what to do. The girl at the front desk told us we had to wait until the next morning to talk to her colleague however, all rooms were booked and nothing else was available for us. Yes they did book a tour and 2 restaurants for us which was kind but, as we walked in to the old city I told my husband I would sleep there 1 night. I do not know how they received a 5 star rating. The hotel looked like a very dated bed and breakfast however, our bathroom was very clean. The other guests staying there appeared to be enjoying themselves - it was not our kind of place and I am glad we moved on to another higher quality hotel the next morning after a sleepless night. We did have breakfast - it was included in the room - and I would give it a 7 out of 10 !!! Sorry it's my own personal opinion also my husband felt as I did about the accommodations.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Podewils_Hotel, Kierownik at Podewils Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Mrs. Dianne R,
warm greetings from Podewils Hotel!
Thank you for posting a review to Tripadvisor.
I was hugely disappointed to note that we didn't live up to your expectations.
We work hard to make each and every guest's stay special.
We have been honoured to receive many comments from guests about the friendliness and genuine warmth of every member of my team and I'm sorry to note you did not have this same impression on this occasion.
The Podewils Hotel is described as a historical Hotel in Gdansk, our classical style boutique hotel is a popular choice with many international visitors, who appreciate our décor and intimacy of our building as you will see from the vast majority of Tripadvisor comments.
Certainly, we have the understanding that despite our efforts, the hotel did not suit you. Our guest feedback is very important for us and we take it serious.
I’m glad that my team could at least meet your expectations by booking a tour and restaurants.

We sincerely hope the remainder of your trip to Gdansk was enjoyable.

Kindest regards

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, perfectly situated just over the river from the Old Town. 2 bridges nearby, so an easy walk to all the Gdansk attractions, but away from it all so nice and quiet. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Dear Mr.Paul J!
Thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Podewils and that you appreciated our great location and friendly staff. Looking forward to your soon return visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Stayed here last week. Superb hotel, probably one of the best we have stayed in. Beautiful building, comfortable, well equipped rooms, great staff, excellent food. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, but you could struggle to get in as there are only 10 rooms which makes it very intimate and homely.

1  Thank Steve M

Dear Mr. Steve M!
Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Podewils and that you appreciated our staff, food and rooms. Hope to see you again!
Best regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

The hôtel is very well located, but also quite (especially in the evening). The room are nice , the bed is a good quality and the breakfast is exceptional... the style is a bit old but very romantic !

2  Thank christophe p
Podewils_Hotel, Kierownik at Podewils Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Christophe P!
Thank you very much for your nice feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Podewils and that you appreciated our location, a good quality bed and an exceptional breakfast. Looking forward to your soon return visit.
Your Hotel Podewils