“Friendly, great architecture & great town to walk around. Women be alert @ train station!”
Review of Old Town

Ranked #1 of 152 things to do in Gdansk
San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Gdansk is a great treat to visit and I have no regrets. I stumbled across the town when making reservations on Ryanair. This town has great history & is quite picturesque! Clean.

** However, women, especially traveling solo, should be extra alert at the train station. In all my years of traveling, this was my first encounter of someone trying to rob me! Fortunately, I had my iPhone with me & scared him away. Because I do my best to be alert to my surroundings, I noticed the same man standing behind me in two different locations (ticket kiosks). I quickly turned around, pulled my iPhone out of my pocket and quickly moved to a group of people I did not know. Unfortunately, I did not speak Polish, but I did not let that stop me.

Visited September 2012

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frackville, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Gorgeous seaport city on the Baltic.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Gorgeous, clean, welcoming city on the Baltic Sea in Poland filled with historic tours, friendly amber markets and excellent polish cuisine. Close to the cities of Gyndia and Sopot and just a few miles from the Port of HEL. An experience you will remember for a lifetime. People are friendly and helpful with most speaking some English. Would go back in a minute. Impressive sites of the largest port in Poland and close to the place where WWII started between Germany and Poland marked by a monument. Poland is a jewel waiting to be revealed to the traveler in search of historic sites, gorgeous country-side and friendly people. Center of old town is beautiful with a fountain, restaurants, and splendid shops. Each large city has an Old Town section filled with tradition, beautifully restored buildings and the sites and smells of traditional Poland. Recommend a trip to Poland to anyone. You will be very pleasantly surprised.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank Carlcp
Helsinki
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Impressing”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

It´s impressing have well kept and renovated the old town is. It´s nice just to stroll or to visit any of the one million bars and restaurants there. Walk along the channel and the narrow streets and feel the ambience! People are fiendly if you manage to the learn of few words of polish - not easy :-)

Visited December 2012
Karlskrona, Sweden
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nice”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The locals do not say Old Town but Main Town, as the Old Town is the name of another part of town. It has beautifully coloured streets with a lot of restaurants and cafees. The dominating structure is St Mary's church which is a large gothic pearl of art. Five minutes to every hour the tower of the city hall sends out beatifull music of church bells.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Thomas E
Peoria, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing architecture, culture”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My views are skewed as I went right before a soccer match for Euro 2012, but the streets were packed with people having a great time. We skipped off to the side streets and got some amber jewelry for our girlfriends back home.

Visited June 2012