I stayed at the Scandic in Gdansk in conjunction with speaking at the CMO Congress in Gdansk.
Honestly, Scandic would not have been my first choice, but I was pleasantly surprised. Here is the lowdown;
- I stayed in jr. Suite 303, and the room was just perfect
- Good location right across the main train station and a quick drive or walk to the Old City of Gdansk
- Service was good and efficient
- Free and fast internet connection throughout the property
- it's not Hilton ;-)
I did not try the breakfast, nor did I eat at the restaurant, but I heard from others that it is decent.
Overall, I enjoyed my 3 nights there and will consider staying there upon my next visit to Gdansk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic - hotel chain with almost 230 hotels in nine European countries; hotels for those, who make conscious choices, also while travelling. Our hotels are diverse, with individual style and character, having one in common: remarkable concern towards our guests to organize their perfect stay, business meeting or conference. Scandic Gdansk has 143 comfortable rooms with full air conditioning and the following equipment: free wired and wireless internet access, mini-bar, cable TV, Pay TV, safe and ironing set. Our restaurant, Senso Restaurant & Bar, is a perfect place for meetings with friends and acquaintances. We have a mediterranean cuisine with a wide range of dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Scandic Gdansk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Gdansk Hotel Gdansk
- Holiday Inn Gdansk
- Scandic Hotel Gdansk