“Very good hotel”

Q Hotel Grand Cru
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Facilities adequate to the overall cost. Nice and clean hotel close to the main attractions that Gdansk has to offer. Rooms comfortable but could do with better air-conditioning.
Issues:
Poor air-conditiong, the room was a bit too hot and had to sleep with the windows open to cool it down. Asked the reception to switch the radiators off but for some reason the didn't do it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DobryHotel, Kierownik at Q Hotel Grand Cru, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you very much for visiting us and for such a great recommendation. It is extremely precious for us to know that our guests feel comfortable in our hotel. Thank you for other suggestions and remarks. We will try to improve all the shortcomings associated with air conditioning. Thank you for all your suggestions and kind words towards our staff. We warmly invite you again during your next visit in Gdansk.
Kind regards, Katarzyna Gruba Marketing Department Dobry Hotel Chain.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great hotel and a brilliant location. The hotel s very clean and the staff are extremely helpful. The only downside was the breakfast was quite poor (we didn't eat but saw!) and the immediate surroundings are rather run down!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for visiting Grand Cru Hotel. It is very nice to receive positive feedback from our guests. It is extremely precious for us to know that our guests feel comfortable in our hotel. We put much attention to make sure that our staff is helpful on each part of our guests stays. It is a great shame that you didn’t decide to have breakfast in our restaurant. It is well known from its delicious morning buffet. Breakfast is our flagship element. We hope that you will visit us again in near future. You are always very welcome!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here in February 2014 for our friends stag weekend. It is in a district where there are alot of hostels. You are better off paying the little extra to stay somewhere nice like Grand Cru.
The only qualm I have is that they take a credit card 'deposit' when you arrive.
There is simply no need. The room had been fully paid before our visit and we felt like criminals for being asked for a credit card payment. It was the only issue.
The beds comfortable, the rooms pleasant and the location was perfect for what we wanted. We could walk anywhere we needed to and also it was easy to find when drunk, get to the river and walk along, easy!
There are a few decent places to drink around here too, a hostel that only serves beer was my personal favourite, £15 for 10 pints is unbeatable!

Room Tip: Nothing wrong with room 301, intrigued to find out what someone else had a problem with!?
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have just returned from a 6 night stay. A great hotel in that is a stones throw away from the dock area and a short walk to the old town.

Faultlessly clean rooms built to a high spec with plenty of brickwork on show to add to the character (although I very much doubt any of the internal brickwork that I saw was original).

The restaurant was extremely well laid out. I didn't eat in there, but it appeared very high end in its appearance (the reason that I didn't partake was that I felt a bit underdressed as I only had boots, jeans and jumpers with me). I think it would be ideal for a romantic meal or for entertaining business colleagues.

The beds were extremely comfortable and a great shower (the rainbow shower heads that are becoming increasingly common).

I think I saw a comment earlier about lack of English language channels on the in room TV. There is a function on the bottom right that allows you to switch languages on some channels (the likes of the film channels that are dubbed over in Polish).

As others have pointed out, my only gripe would be the fact that the hotel physically takes a certain amount off your card on check in for authorisation for any room charges. I have no issue with providing a credit card upon check in as it is standard practice, but I found the way they do it at the Grand Cru slightly annoying. I was going to knock a 'star' off my review as a result, but couldn't find fault elsewhere so It got a big five star thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: This is a solid brick building - I didn't hear a peep out of anybody in my whole stay. There are...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
DobryHotel, Kierownik at Q Hotel Grand Cru, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for this wonderful opinion. It is so nice to hear that you liked the interior design. Our architects put great attention to create a place that would be homelike and at the same time would refer to the long history of Gdańsk. You are highly welcome any time you plan to come back to Gdańsk!
Kind regards, Katarzyna Gruba Marketing Department Dobry Hotel Chain
Boskoop, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had to appreciate the interior design, modern and tasteful with good finishings, high quality materials and not cheap. The room was big and elegant, the bathroom not gigantic but very nice with those graphite tiles, a rich, luxury shower and designer toilet seat (extra points for attention to detail, everything added up in the interior arrangement).
There were bathrobes in the room.

Staff were very helpful and well trained: polite beyond expectations.

Location: there is a bus to the main train station (number 100) round the corner. By foot it is about 15 minutes from the station. The old and the main town is within walking distance and we walked to most of the monuments and attractions and restaurants, but we are good walkers. So it's convenient location, but not in the very, very centre.
Restaurants: we found Piwna street quite reliable for finding restaurants and there were several places on the river bank, very close to the hotel.

I would give them five stars if the immediate surroundings of the hotel were a bit upgraded and the street leading to it a bit better lit-up. I think it will be upgraded soon as I saw a lot of developments in that street, but for now the hotel is neighboring with an old, run-down building at the back, a bit of a mismatch. There are many new hotels in the immediate neighborhood, so it looks like the location has promising future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for visiting Grand Cru Hotel and for writing such a great opinion. It is very nice to read that you enjoyed spending time with us. All suggestions from our guests are extremely precious for us. This part of Gdańsk is constantly changing and in the future it will be for sure more representative. We do hope that we will have pleasure to host you again in the near future. We warmly invite!
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

I spent weekend with my husband in this hotel and am very pleased with the experience. I requested view and top floor and my wish was accommodate which is rare nowadays - thank you.
Breakfast is worth a visit as well. Overall - very pleased with the whole experience:)

Room Tip: Top floor with a view on the river. Not for tall people though :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
DobryHotel, General Manager at Q Hotel Grand Cru, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Agnieszka, thank you for visiting Grand Cru Hotel and taking your time to write opinion on tripadvisor.com. We really enjoy receiving such positive feedback. If it is possible, we always try to meet our guests expectations and answer positively on their requests. Thank you once again for sharing your experience. We hope that in the near future you will come back to Gdańsk and decide to visit us again!
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I find Grand Cru hotel in Gdansk as interesting offer for everyone who travels in business. Private sauna gives you time to relax. Rooms are equipped in everything what is needed: iron, sleepers, bathrobe and minibar. What is important - huge and comfortable bed.
I will back every time when I'm in Gdansk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua A
Dear Joshua, thank you very much for choosing Grand Cru Hotel for your business trip to Gdańsk and being so nice to write such positive review. We are delighted to hear that all the amenities that we offer made your stay comfortable and you slept well. We are very happy that we will have pleasure to host you again during your next visits in Gdańsk. We are already looking forward to having an opportunity to welcome you again!