“Great place, great location!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Gdansk

Hilton Gdansk
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Gdansk
Fredericksburg, United States
“Great place, great location!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This Hilton is probably the best hotel in Gdansk!! It's located on the river and close to shopping and food and is reasonably priced!!! I stay here every time I go to Poland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Peter E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel had a great location, and we had a wonderful view to the river from our room. Service and cleaning was perfect, and we had an excellent dinner. Nice and large room and bathroom with both shower and bath tub.
Roof top bar was perfect. We will definately come back :)

Room Tip: The mattress was a little to hard for my back.. And I really prefer a seperat duvet, especially when...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

2 Thank Bodil K
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just came back from a stay at the Hilton Gdansk.
Beautiful hotel on an excellent location in Gdansk and easy to walk anywhere you want to go in the old city center.

On arrival I was upgraded to a river view room (Hhonors gold) which has a beautiful view. I had free breakfast as a gold member and the breakfast was good. On the 5th floor you have the health club and there is a 'rooftop' restaurant/bar with beautiful views over the river and extremely good cocktails :-)

The swimming pool with sunbathing area is next door to the bar so don't expect any sunbathing privacy ;-)

The (riverview) rooms have a small glass balcony that fit one person. The room itself is spacious and has a seating area. Where you can relax or watch TV. Small working space with an overall good WIFI internet connection.

Parking is possible at the hotel (around 100 zloty per day) 29 dollars or something like that. A little steep in my opinion as I paid last week 26 dollars for Norfolk and 40 for Washington DC ;-) but you can park in front of the hotel for about 3 zloty per hour (coins only)

The staff is very friendly and helpfull and they thanked me for coming as gold member etc etc.

I can recommend it to anyone visiting Gdansk !
As for the previous poster Gdansk and Sopot are different (cityhotel vs beachhotel)

Room Tip: take a riverview room ! Its worth it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Busy_Traveller_1972
TURKU
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week in June 2013 because we had read great reviews about this hotel. This was our fifth trip to Gdansk and Sopot but we earlier we have stayed in Sopot's five star hotels. In pictures this hotel looked great and we were especially waiting for roof top pool and bar.
We also had a little baby with us so we liked very much the location of this hotel. We contacted the hotel already before our arrival because we needed a baby cot in our room and hotel receptionist said they would arrange it for free. We asked also them to arrange a taxi with a baby seat for us from the airport to the hotel. They arranged also that even though it was a bit expensive but great service in my opinion. In Poland the taxi drivers drive usually like mad mans so we wanted a safer transportation.

When we arrived to the airport there was a very nice man waiting for us with a sign which had my name on it. He helped with our luggage and drove a new van with a proper baby seat. He also spoke good english and drove slowly so it was nice and in my opinion well worth the extra money.

The hotel looks great from the outside even it is quite small and the receptionist who greeted us was very friendly and everything worked out very smoothly in checking in to the hotel. First expression of our room was that is was very spacey and everything was there what we needed. We did not upgrade our room to a room with a view to the river and after seeing our room I was happy about that decision. If you want to look the river and the old town the roof top bar is a great place to enjoy drinks in the evening.

Roof top pool area is very small so it was always full but we enjoyed instead the roof top bar. The roof top bar and roof top pool are next each other but separated with a wall so you can't take drinks to the pool area. There is also a very small gym in the same wellness center but I would not call it a gym. It is just two bikes and very small dumbells so it maybe a gym for some grandmothers. All you gym rats should go to Power Pit gym where I went and it is hard core gym and near Galeria Balticka.

The hotels breakfast was average and a disappointment after Sopot's hotels breakfast. Nothing fancy in Hilton breakfast but very boring for a five star hotel. Only ate there two times and the other morning we went to Sopot for a breakfast.

As I said earlier the room was nice but at the end of the week we noticed that our clean clothes had started to smell. I think there is too much humidity and moist in the air so the clothes start to smell bad.

Long story already so overall this hotel is propably the best in Gdansk but loses greatly to the two five star hotels in Sopot. Also there was one guy in the reception which was very rude and arrogant but I really don't know why. Maybe it was a bad day or something but I forgotted to look his name tag. That is also one reason I have give this hotel a lower rating. In a five star hotel I expect to be treated friendly and I really don't expect anything special but just normal politiness and manners to paying customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in upper rooms and if you have extra money to burn then you can ask the river view ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MIKA P
Grzegorz G, Manager at Hilton Gdansk, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the detailed description of your emotional and physical feelings towards the hotel, its interiors and services, tourist attractions, tips and thorough description of meals you can consume around Gdańsk and Sopot.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay because of the hotel location and size of rooms. I agree that High 5 Bar has an excellent view and many guests appreciate it the most.

Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our front office team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Grzegorz Główczewski
Front of House Manager
Hilton Gdańsk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Excellent location and amazing view from the swimming pool and restaurant. Actually, the restaurant is one of the best in the old town. Clean and wide rooms and well equiped. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The city of Gdansk itself is very beautiful. The hotel overall made our stay much more pleasant. The rooms are very clean and modern. The staff is super friendly and will do anything to make your stay more enjoyable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was very dis-satisfied with the staff when I arrived, he was grumpy and not polite at all. My room was confirmed and also I had paid in advance for king suite but the he said I will get double bed instead of king suite as they had some problems. I did not agree and had to fight for my rights and then he gave us double room for that night and then presidential suite for two nights. This is cheating that too after you have paid for the room in advance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple