“Lovely Hilton”
Review of Hilton Gdansk

Hilton Gdansk
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Gdansk
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very clean hotel in great waterfront location. The staff were very friendly and the room was large and clean. Excellent bathroom with both bath tub and shower cubicle. English channels on tv. Didn't eat here so can't tell you about that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Happychaptraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Rooms in the hotel are equipped with 32-inch LCD TV with satellite channels. Each room has tea and coffee making facilities and a minibar. Guests can relax in the gym and sauna. Pass rooms air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi. There is also a wellness center that offers massages and beauty treatments.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My review is based on a couple of separate stays throughout 2012 (the most recent is from the 31st of December 2012.) The hotel is small, but offers all 4/5* amenities. The rooms are modern, cozy with a nice view of the river (if you are lucky to get one of those), fitness center is small and was overcrowded when I was trying to use it, fortunately I was not in hurry and I could afford to wait for other guest to finish exercising. There is a wide variety of restaurants outside the hotel, you will not be bored.
What I didn't like was lack of parking space in the hotel parking garage, apparently you need to make a reservation for the parking together with your room reservation. I also have mixed fillings about the front desk clerks. They were not polite while speaking to the hotel guests and visitors.

Hilton Gdansk is the best choice if you are looking for 4/5* chain hotel experience. The prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view, otherwise you will get stuck watching local visitors at the liquor...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Grzegorz G, Manager at Hilton Gdansk, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback that you provided regarding your recent stays in our hotel. It is our goal to ensure that our guest’s expectations are exceeded.

It is great that you stayed with us a couple of times. Thank you for your continues loyalty.

I have taken your comment to our Front Desk Team to ensure in the future we do a lot of smile and politeness to the guests.

I do hope that you will be our guest again next time you have the opportunity to travel to Gdańsk.

Kind regards,

Grzegorz Główczewski
Front Of House Manager
Hilton Gdańsk

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I spent New Year's Eve here. I remember very well stay here, the hotel is right on the Motława. There is a lot of ameneties at the highest level, such as air conditioning, large LCD TV and tea making facilities. Bed was very comfortable and large. Only the price could be a little cheaper, but it was worth to spend New Year's Eve there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a small conference.

Our group was arriving early but we all got our rooms. I was given a upgrade to what they called a big room facing the riverside.

Room was spacious and in good condition.

Breakfast was great suiting all my needs. Had also lunch which also was great.

WIFI was fairly fast and reliable. Free WIFI was offered at slow connection, faster connection at a fee. I suppose slow connection is enough for reading you emails. I used the fast connection, so I cannot tell for sure.

Hotel staff were service minded and all in all a great stay. I would definetely come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the river side
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

To start with, I have to give some basic info about the trip. I went with my bestfriend for a couple of days to Gdansk. As we haven't seen eachother for a long time, we knew we were going to stay a lot of the time at the hotel to catch up, but also because my health wasn't that good at the time. For that reason we booked a deluxe room with wiew to the river. You want to invest a little bit more money in it when you know that the hotelroom is what you are going to see and use a lot on the holiday.
We checked in, and got nice service and a lovely room. Just as we hoped for! Nice wiew to the river, nice interiour, big beds, shower and bathtub, and different extras. Perfect!

The room cleaning thou, could have been better. I expect hoovering every day, the bath cleaned up, towels changed, the amenities filled up (and used ones thrown away). And I expect this from ALL hotels whatever stars and rooms they provide.

The beds were big, nice sheets, two pillows and duvet. Just right, but after just one night it came clear that the beds were to hard. We both have back problems and are used to, and want to, have firm madresses. This was too much, and my friend had a difficult time sleeping while we were at the hotel. The hotel may be perfect, but for the most of us it doesn't help if you can't get enough sleep.

The hotel is situated right by the old part of town with a lot of restaurants a short walk away. What is not in walk distance, you easily take the taxistop right outside, and it is cheap too.

The service was very variable from person to person at the hotel, quite surprisingly really, because Hilton is worldwide known and should be "drilled" to front the guest equally. Anyhow, from service "whatever-pleases-you" to just "whatever" is quite strange to meet at the same business!

The breakfast buffet was ok. Can easilly say I have experienced better before, but they had very nice bakery. Loved it a lot, butthe rest was average. The breakfast room was not nice, and probably a conferenceroom originally. Not inviting at all.

The spa facilities was very nice, but very small, so at the time I went (twice) it was so full I didn't bother. The spa treatments are quite pricy, so I didn't use them at all. We went to a spa nearby with taxi, and we still payed half the price of what the hotel offered. Btw: the name of the spa was Spameed, and they offer almost whatever treatments you desire.5 min with taxi from the hotel.

Overall a nice hotel, and I would maybe come back, but not without checking other possibilities.

Room Tip: Ask for river wiew at the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AlphaHelix

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your past stay at Hilton Gdańsk hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including places of improvements.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay because of the Deluxe room you had. Many guests appreciate it the most.

We have already looked into the points for improvment you mentioned in your review. We took the necessary steps to avoid mistakes in the future.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Gdansk and hope that Hilton will remain your hotel of choice.

Kind regards,

Grzegorz Główczewski
Front Of House Manager
Hilton Gdańsk

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here during my visit to Gdansk in Poland for conference. Can say best Hilton hotel have ever stayed in and it was incredible experience with great service and good food ( espcially best breakfast in Europe) can say I had. It is close to old city which is walk way and good restaurants close by.
Airport is little far off but if you official trip you wont complain.

Room Tip: All rooms were good as checked espcially with private enclosed glass balcony which is cool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business