Holland House Residence Old Town
Hanza Hotel(Gdansk)
$227
$183
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdlugi targthe main streetgreat locationlovely hotelold townrestaurant downstairsfirst floorchecking inour room was spaciousthe hotel receptioncentral hoteltea and coffee making facilitiesthe ground floorstayed here for nightsthe riverbooked this hoteleasy access
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Just come back after a lovely weekend in Gdansk. The Holland House hotel was the best place to book as it was in the centre of the Old Town and all the shops, cafes, restaurants and clubs were just a short walk away. The hotel itself is really nice, with big trendy rooms and huge bathrooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was yummy and good choice of food even late in the morning. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor gives you a nice view of the Long Market but you can't here the noise from it :-)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ardra1906
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Never been to Poland before, Stay Poland found us this hotel in the heart of Old Town Gdansk. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Room was huge and kept very warm (temperatures at the time were quite cold). Breakfast was basic but great to get you started. Only downside was that being a typical english girl I missed my tea first thing in the morning as there were no tea/coffe making facilities in the room, but for those who love mini-bars the room was perfect. Definitely go again.

Room Tip: We were travelling as three women together so getting a tripple room was difficult, however, Holland House Residence Room was more than adequate with a very comfortable sofa bed, two singles in a very large room - good wheelchair access too!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Yes, the location of Holland House is perfect, my room was comfortable & stylish and, the staff, especially Marek on Reception, were very helpful and friendly. I was lucky to have sunny weather both days - despite the odd icy Baltic blast! Gdansk is smaller than I expected and, it is easy to find your way around and, as a solo traveller, I felt very safe. I chose to eat in the restaurant downstairs from the hotel, as the food and service were great - worth noting, that as a hotel resident, you get 10% off the bill. On arrival at Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport I got a taxi - perfect trip with a metered fare & receipt, unfortunately the driver's telephone number was not on the receipt - fare 53 Zloty to the hotel, so I gave him 60 Zl ... Holland House can get you a taxi on departure - the company is a lot more upmarket & the price reflects this ... so, if you get a good taxi driver on arrival, get his number - there is an airport bus alternative, which I will try next time! Another tip - I changed my pounds to Zloty at the Post Office in London - take only the minimum for the taxi/bus as, if you change your money with one of the local 'Kantors' (loads in the main street of Dlugi Targ) the rate of exchange is LOADS better! Breakfast in the hotel was OK - off season it is definitely a good idea to book this, however, I'm sure there are a lot more places open in high season. I had a couple of issues which, when I spoke to the Manager, were dealt with immediately - so I can happily recommend staying at Holland House!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CarinaB
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This hotel is situated in a prime location, right on the main street of tourist interest. It is a mere 15 minute walk from the railway station (ie where the airport bus No 210 arrives). My room was really clean and had every amenity. Staff were always pleasant and helpful. I can find no fault whatsoever. I paid everything up front before I arrived and felt that was enough. I would just warn that, on checking out, I was told I had to pay 8 zloty local tax. Not a huge amount, but make sure you have it in loose change! Would have been helpful if I had been warned.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Perfect location in the centre of the old town, and you can walk from the station (we arrived by train) in about 15 minutes. Stylish rooms, thoughtful conversion of an impressive building, and good use of space. Our bathroom had a corner bath. We were very comfortable there, a good breakfast was included, as was free wifi, and the staff were friendly and spoke good English. We had a premium room with three floor-to-ceiling windows, but even so the price was reasonable. Visit Gdansk, you will not be disappointed, and stay at the Holland House when you do. The only slight criticism was that the room was cold when we arrived - but that was rectified by the next morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple