“Old World atmosphere and good food”

Restauracja Gdanska
Ranked #91 of 546 Restaurants in Gdansk
Cuisines: Polish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Old World atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Gdanska Restaurant was a very enjoyable and unique experience. The restaurant is unique in its décor in that there are ships hanging from the ceiling and it is loaded with unique artifacts and decorations. This added to the ambience of this Polish restaurant as our group arrived to find local musicians in Polish costume singing and playing music for our entertainment. We were seated at a long table and service was adequate for our group.

The evening was very lively as the performers continued to entertain during dinner. The vegetable soup, pork, potatoes, vegetables and apple cake were all delicious. I would return to this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Loves2Research

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
“Quirky but fab”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I can recommend visiting during the day, -the price for the plat du jour was a bargain for such a quaint individual place. The decor is fabulous. Wouldn't have been quite so happy at paying evening prices but at lunchtime it's great.

• Visited April 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Fair food”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a set menu: smoked salmon with ikra, borstch with dumplings, pork with roast potatoes and roasted apple. The food was OK, and the portions big, but Gdansk has better food to offer for a much lower price. Waiters were polite and attentive. The place has charm, but I'll probably not go there again.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“so so so....”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have chosen this restaurant for my B-day dinner, as I would like to have nice good polish food... and I must say that:
- food is good
- service... OK - but the manager of the restaurant was drunk.... the place was quite empty - this was Wednesday... and first he was almost have sex in some small room but I saw it on my way to the toilet - and second in the end he asked me in bad english to give the tip but only in euro... no comments
- prices OK
- drink - I had martini served in champagne glass - sorry but this is more than bizarre

• Visited October 2012
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Definitely unusual - but enjoyable”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Visited as part of a Gdansk Tour, my group wanted lunch in a historic cellar. The place is – to say the least – eccentric and unique, of particular note were the ships suspended from the ceilings. Service was attentive – it took three uniformed people to serve our party of eight - and the food met with approval from all – I Ioved my caviar and smoked salmon served with a beautiful fresh salad and rye bread and enjoyed (surprisingly!) the pork fat and gerkins. Not recommend to anyone who wants a “normal” style restaurant – this one has character!

• Visited September 2012