“Good Option in Ostrava”

Mercure Ostrava Center
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ostrava
Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Pleasant staff , very clean , nice environment. Breakfast was a good standard . I did not try the restaurant but snacks/small meals in the bar area were very good. I have stayed here on numerous occasions and always been very satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guest, I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us in Mercure Ostrava Center. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments, and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

At check in I was welcomed by a charming and thoroughly professional young lady speaking flawless English. Somehow my internet booking through the Accor website was duplicated and I had been charged for two prepaid rooms instead of one. Tough luck, I thought, but after a consultation with her duty manager, one of the rooms was canceled and a full refund processed!

The room was well appointed, definitely meeting all 4 star criteria, and spotlessly clean. There was a large selection of TV channels, which is important to me. Wifi was available, but I used the computer terminal in the bar. The bartender was immediately at my side to offer a drink or any other service I needed.

The breakfast buffet was extensive, fresh and very tasty. Guests can make their own coffee
selection which is a nice touch. Again the staff on duty kept in the background, but were always ready to lend any assistance. The training of the staff is terrific, and everyone seems genuinely pleased that you have chosen this hotel. Full marks all around.

If you are coming from the main station, trolley bus 102 stops about in front of the door. Tickets are available from the info centre in the station. Don't forget to ask for a ticket for your luggage is you have a larger piece, and then enjoy Ostrava!

Room Tip: My room faced a side street, but was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest, on behalf of Mercure team I would like to thank you for such a positive feedback which I will communicate to the team. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will be pleased to welcome you again in the future. Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stay at this hotel when visiting Ostrava and when available of course. Sometimes it is fully booked and I stay at one of the other good hotels I know in Ostrava, but the Mercure is still remains my choice of preference.
I have noticed a decline in the room cleanliness the past two visits, and during the last one it was unacceptable. Being mostly patient, I did not try complaining the first day on which I noticed that the desk was not cleaned, the water glass left not cleaned, sink not cleaned, coffee pads not refilled (Privilege Room). On the second day, I called the number of the manager on duty. A recorded message informed that the call was received and noted. Thereafter I waited in vain for a return call....
Consistency in quality is important in all aspects and the housekeeping service has been lagging and definitively needs to be improved.
All other services in this hotel are still very good and I still can recommend i in the hopes that housekeeping is improved soon.

1  Thank Globetrotter0053

Dear Guest, Thank you for your appreciative comments, it is very valuable for us and mainly from our loyalty client. We are very sorry for our housekeeping service this time - it is not our regular standard. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed in the Mercure Ostrava hotel in a business trip for three nights in January. Very friendly staff and the rooms and the hotel is renewed just a while a go. Surely this is the best hotel in Ostrava and can recommend this to everybody.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park haves a nice view. Should you wish a quiet room, ask the room facing the backy...
1  Thank jkhammer68

Dear Guest,Thank you very much for these wonderful comments following your stay with us!
We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that our services were up to your expectations and I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to the entire team.
The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Australian women's floorball team stayed in Mercure Ostrava for the 2013 World Floorball Championships and we couldn't have asked for better quality and service at the excellent price offered. Nothing was a problem for the awesome staff and our stay was absolutely perfect. The service from the experienced staff and the trainees was 100%. Thank you all very much and we will definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Ostrava.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are enormous, well worth the additional cost and perfect for families, with lots of r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for leaving these incredible comments on TripAdvisor!
Our goal is indeed to make every guest feel special and important and I am thrilled that the team managed to achieve this level of service. I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to them.
We all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel Mercure Ostrava Center soon!
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Mercure Ostrava Center hotel on 5 separate occasions beginning in May 2010, just after its opening. The latest was in June 2013. The concierge staff are excellent and willing to assist with any issues regardless of the significance. The rooms are very nice with typical European spartan amenities, but quite comfortable. All my rooms had showers with Hans Grohe fixtures that provide perfect temperature settings for the water and rainfall shower heads. That was my first experience with the pre-set fixtures and I am in love with them!
The restaurant and bar are exemplary and the staff are polite and extremely pleasant. For me the highlight is breakfast. The choices on the bar are phenomenal from the hot eggs and breakfast meats to the cold cheeses and pastries. No matter what you choose, you won't be disappointed.
The hotel's location is a convenient walk from most every site/activity in the city. Stodolni Street is a 6 minute walk for those who wish to partake in the abundant night life. The main city square is an equally convenient 10 minute walk with many shops and restaurants available along the way.
Consider the Mercure for your next business or leisure trip to Ostrava. It is a marvelous property and well worth the cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear guest. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Ostrava Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager