“Great Hotel - Awesome Staff”

Mercure Ostrava Center
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ostrava
Earth
“Great Hotel – Awesome Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well-designed room with plenty of space. Very clean and well maintained.

Shower had strong pressure and great hot water. They offer both rain and shower head. Shower basket is large enough for soap, shampoo and such.

I had a street-side room - but never heard traffic. They have double windows and this keeps the noise out. Well done!

Both wired and wireless internet - was included in room rate and was perfect. Not a single problem.

Outlets all at the right locations (desktop, bedside, table). They have standard European 2 pin outlets. More hotels need to learn from this.

Room includes: Microwave, coffee maker, robe, slippers.

Breakfast is 12 Euro but was included in my room rate. Good selection of items.
An iron and ironing board and not in the room, but is delivered by housekeeping upon request.

Mini bar has room for your own drinks.

Out the front of hotel to the right there are a few stores to buy soft drinks.

Staff are awesome! Well spoken English and very helpful. Jana at the front desk was always ready to help with a smile - she is a star employee. Find her and you have nothing to worry about.

Without question, my next visit to Ostrava will be to this Mercure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest, What a pleasure to read these lovely comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us! On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for affirmative words regarding our staff. Your positive opinion motivates us to perform even better in the future. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit! Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
County Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Thankyou all the staff for a memorable stay. My Daughter and I were treated very well, and all the staff were friendly and helpful, (as are the Czech people generally), its wrong to single out somebody, but Adela and Katerina were very friendly and helpful. We were allocated a room on the top floor opposite the park, and for that we were most grateful. We slept well and my daughter loved the view! I liked the tropical rain shower head in the bathroom.

The Breakfast was really good, with good quality juice, croissants and yoghurt etc, and again staff were friendly and professional.

Bar is good and a small kids play area was well positioned! I had free wifi...and it worked well.

The wellness area was very good indeed. I really enjoyed the gym and my daughter had a cough and so the steam room helped her enormously. I liked the energy drinks touch in the gym, I haven't seen that before in 5* hotels! We liked the relaxation area too.

Lovely Building too, very ornate and well maintained. Easy to find. Absolutely nothing to complain about whatsoever, on the contrary, everything to rave about!

Thanks again Accor, yet again a good experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a park view-it really is pleasant at night!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank munster4ever
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for leaving these incredible comments on TripAdvisor!
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in the mercure hotel in Ostrava
Took the train from Prague. Very convenient and relaxing instead of taking a rental car.
Nice room with excellent shower. Ladies at the reception were very helpfull.
Plenty of choices at the breakfast.
Ideal place for business traveller.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your appreciative comments. Whole our team and I are delighted to know that you had a memorable experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. Warm regards Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Le Vaud, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you read my reviews, you will know that I have high standards in what I expect! This hotel more than met my standards, it exceeded them. From the ease of dealing with reception upon arrival in the middle of the night, to the breezy good mornings, service was excellent. I stayed in the basic room which was more comfortable and luxurious than many similarly rated hotels in which I have stayed. Everything worked well, the lighting was uncomplicated compared to many recently renovated hotels, but suitable for the tasks one undertakes in a hotel room. The bed was spacious and comfortable. I particularly liked having large windows that opened! Good selection for breakfast. Small dinner menu but one was always offered the lunch menu too which changes frequently. It is in a convenient location so one may walk to all parts of the city centre from the hotel. Thank you, Mercure, you have restored my faith after recently having had a few less than satisfactory hotel stays!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,Thank you very much for these wonderful comments following your stay with us!
We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that our services were up to your expectations and I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to the entire team.
The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back, Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff was super-friendly and professional with great language skills. Rooms good quality and clean. Specifically the shower and bathroom was great! Had a room on the inside courtyard, and slept like a rock. The old building of the hotel has been nicely preserved respecting the original spirit.
Breakfast was great, but was missing standard american coffee. Only machine coffee available. Perhaps missing also some more fruit.
The bar downstairs was surprisingly cozy, and for example everything from wine glass shape and size was high quality.
Will definately come again to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Ostrava and your stay in our hotel and I will look forward to your next visit. Vladimir Sic, General Manager
Praha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Amazing hotel with excellent staff!!! If you are travelling to Ostrava, have to stay here! The rooms are spacious and clean, bacon at the breakfast buffet is a trip to a Fairyland. All staff we met were very friendly with a smile on their face. And the hotel is just a few minutes walk from the famous Stodolni Street...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests, thank you for your compliments on our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. It was certainly pleasure for us to be at your service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was opened a couple of years ago and is a converted office block which retains some grand features. Greeted with a smile at check in and soon in my room which was very nice. Had a meal which was well cooked and good value. Breakfast was good too. Asked for a quiet room away from road and had a great nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2013
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest,Thank you very much for leaving these incredible comments on TripAdvisor, especially from such a experienced traveler.Our goal is indeed to make every guest feel special and important and I am thrilled that the team managed to achieve this level of service. I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to them.We all are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel Mercure Ostrava Center soon!
Yours sincerely, Vladimir Sic, General Manager