“Very friendly staff”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ostrava
Vienna, Austria
“Very friendly staff”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel is very nice, staff friendly and helpful. I liked the fitness and the comfortable bed. You feel like at home. The bar and dining area downstairs had an attractive modern style. After my stay, even only 1 day, I am motivated to prefer a stay in one of Mercure hotels when travelling. I can only recommend a stay at Mercure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post this positive comments regarding our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. I will be sharing the comments with the team, and it will be a great motivation for us to carry on to provide comfortable and qualitative stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Pilsen, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Mercure is situadet in the city center. 5 minutes from the main street STODOLNI - street full of fun (clubs, pubs, restaurants and more... ) Interior of the hotel is beautiful and rooms as well .
staff are very nice and attentive. I think this is the best hotel we've ever been. I look forward to another visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Mercure Ostrava Center, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Ostrava. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
London, UK
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This Mercure hotel is unexpectedly good. It is located in a renovated building in the middle of Ostrava with a small park in front of it. My room, while not luxurious, was very comfortable and a good size. The bar and dining area downstairs had an attractive modern style and was a pleasant place to drink or eat. The staff were helpful (despite initially being told on arrival at 4.30pm that my room was not yet available). I had previously stayed in the Imperial and Ostrava bt will in future be staying at the Mercure, which is a much better and more reliable choice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us in Mercure Ostrava Center. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments, and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
American in France
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is really nice. I spent four weeks here between November and December this year, and I can say without a doubt that I'll be staying here again.
I've probably stayed at probably two dozen Mercure hotels, and this was one of the nicest. My bathroom was large, and the shower head (under which I probably spent 40 minutes a day) is SO nice. It was about a foot in diameter, and was like standing under steaming hot rain. My room was quiet, though my colleagues who stayed on the side of the hotel facing the main avenue said they had some street noise, but nothing too bad apparently.
Interestingly, my colleague who's from the neighborhood tells me that this building used to be the local communist party headquarters. There's still a plaque in the entryway dedicated to resistance fighters and party members who died fighting the Nazi occupation. I thought it was nice that the hotel left it up. Certainly they should be remembered.
There are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance, and plenty of places to have a beer. The hotel's restaurant is good, though I wish they'd serve more traditional Czech soups (which in general are awesome).
What else?
The internet service is free (do you hear that Mercure France and Germany?), and generally fast enough. I suppose that if you're downloading movies 24/7 it's going to be insufficient, but I had no problems.
Not to mention that a lot of restaurants in the area have free wifi, which is really nice.
I didn't try the gym or steam room, but my colleagues did, and they tell me it was quite good.
The parking was OK, but if there was a conference at the hotel, it got pretty full. I suppose that's my one complaint: the parking, during conferences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear guest, We are delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At Mercure Ostrava Center we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Prague
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed for just one night in November a really enjoyed the hotel. The property is new, clean and located conveniently close to the Stodolni street (the famous party street which is one of the biggest tourist attractions of Ostrava). The staff people were friendly and really helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Mercure_Ostrava, General Manager at Mercure Ostrava Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest, We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with our staff and services. This is going to be shared with them to encourage their further progress. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.
Prague
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed three nights on a business trip.

The location is excellent: very close to the centre with Stodolní Street just 10 minutes away. There was a warm welcome at reception and aside from the fact the steam bath was out of action first impressions were positive. The room, like the public areas, was spotlessly clean. While wardrobe space was a touch limited almost everything else was fine. The set top box in my room was not working, but reception staff did ensure it that the TV was working properly by evening time on the first day. Four French-language channels immediately after Czech ones in the numbering of channels is bizarre in Ostrava. Surely the French owners could pay a little more attention to Central European priorities and put Polish, German or English language channels higher up the pecking order? Breakfasts were excellent, but for us the big disappointment was dinner. Salmon was served instead of the sea wolf ordered, fish of the day appeared to be meat in disguise, pork knuckle was nothing of the kind-small pieces of very dry pork with overly sour sauerkraut and very ordinary dumplings. Moravian wines and Czech beer were overpriced. The waiter forgot to return to take orders for dessert, even though the menu had been issued. Some will appreciate the presentation of the food, but if the restaurant goes for nouvelle cuisine type presentation with the usual postage stamp-sized portions at the very least it can deliver what is described on the menu.

Given such an approach It is inconceivable that the hotel can keep its TA ''Excellence'' rating in 2012. A pity, because there are many postives...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wulfrunian
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post this your comments regarding our hotel Mercure Ostrava Center. I will be sharing the comments with the team, and it will be a great motivation for us to carry on to provide comfortable and qualitative stay. I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your dinner at our reastaurant. Please be adviced that we are trying to provide the best service possible, but unfortunately some mistakes occasionaly happens. The satisfaction of our customers is the most important and we learnt from your comment. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on H7051-GM@accor.com if you are planning to visit Ostrava City in the future.
Hope during your next visit we can prove our skills and provide you with better service and better quality on our F&B department.
Best regards, Vladimir Sic, General Manager