“Definitely not 40 watt!”

Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Ostrava
Dorset, UK
“Definitely not 40 watt!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a conveniently located modern hotel in Ostrava. Previous stays in Czech Republic have been in ‘40 watt’ hotels with dimly-lit corridors and lights that switch off before you reach your room. Park Inn cannot be described this way with brightly lit public areas and well illuminated rooms. Staff are universally friendly and helpful, all speaking good English and taking time to explain the menu and other facilities. The hotel has a very good restaurant with a range of local specialities and international (Italian inspired) cuisine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank baglan
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

we greatly appreciate your feedback placed on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your stay with us and for your kind comments on our hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed our services and looking forward to your next visit.
Petr Frydl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Park Inn Ostrava, is a great hotel, with a great location. The breakfast was excellent, and the wifi speeds were great to conduct my business.

Highly recommend the small pizza pub across the street.

Prices are reasonable especillay compared to the hotels downtown.

Room Tip: request a room on the higher floors for a view of the city
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for your stay with us and your positive comments on our hospitality. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast as well as for your satisfaction with WiFi connection. We would be delighted to welcome you again, please for your next reservation with us do not hesitate to contact hotel directly or via parkinn.com/hotel-ostrava website.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is the first time I stayed at a Park Inn and I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel room was very clean and quite. The bed was comfortable. The bath tub was nice and there was plenty of hot water. The free internet was easy to connect to. The hotel restaurant was good quality. The hotel also offered room service which I took advantage of.

The only problem was the hotels proximity to anything. I ended up walking 20 minutes to the closest mall to eat out and get my supplies (Diet Coke, or excuse me Coke Light). But still, the walk did me good and I guess I could have taken a cab.

Even with its location I would stay at this hotel again. The staff was great and they had someone available to speak English anytime I had a question which makes my travel life easier. I was so impressed I even look forward to trying the Park Inn brand again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

We greatly apreciate your stay with Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Ostrava and that you made a time to write such a positive comments on our hospitality. We are delighted you enjoyed our services and looking forward to welcome you in any Park Inn by Radisson Hotel worldwide.
If you´ll stay with us next time, please feel free to ask for best walking direction to malls or to arrange taxi, which will take to any city centre mall within 7 minutes.

Luxembourg
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on business. After the second evening I started looking for things that I could fault and had a hard time in doing so. Probably one of the best Park Inn hotels I have stayed in. Somewhat out of the way but not so much that it subtracts from a truly great stay in what is an excellent hotel.

One complaint (and I know this is not even worth mentioning, but as I said I looked hard to find fault): on one evening, a certain menu item was not available... (Like I said, not worth mentioning...)

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EDR21
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your outstanding comments on our hospitality during your stay with us. We greatly appreciate it and looking forward to welcome you back soon. There are plenty of very nice Park Inn by Radisson hotels within our Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, please do not hesitate to contact us, if we can assist you for next booking. I apologize for inconvenience with requested menu not available, I´m sure we´ll have it next time.

Jaroslaw, Poland
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We liked this place. Had a upgraded room. Room decor a blend between business hotel and college dorm. The bed was excellent. Great bathroom. Quiet. Wonderful front desk staff. Convenient parking right out front.

Breakfast buffet was the weakest part. Limited choices but okay. Very poorly trained staff.
Example: They had run out of bowls for cereal. A guest asked the circulating waitress for a bowl. She meandered off to the kitchen and returned with 1 bowl. By that time, 2 more guests were waiting. They asked for bowls. Again she sauntered off, this time returning with only 2 bowls. I confronted her and asked for 20 bowls, pointing to all of the other guests in the restaurant. She became confused and walked away. Where is the training? Where is the common sense?

Room Tip: The additional space in an upgraded room was helpful and relaxing. I would think all rooms are comfo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and placed comments on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our hospitality and looking forward to welcome you back. I apologize for inconvenience during the breakfast, we are now extending the space in the breakfast area as well as the range of breakfast items.The hotel staff is trained on regular basis, in this particular case it was rather about the common sense as you mentioned, but thank you for pointed out. I shared it with the team to avoid this oversight.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find plenty of parking and very friendly. I found it also clean and the free wifi was fast and easy to connect. Had a little time to kill so took a walk into the centre which took around 15-20mins from the hotel. Ostrava historically a very industrial town but still quite interesting to stroll around. Would defiantly stay at the park inn again great value for money. The bamboo restaurant was much better than expected.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Petr_Frydl, Hotel Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your stay with us and placed comments on Tripadvisor. We are glad for your satisfaction with our services and your promise to come back, when your travels bring you back to Ostrava.

Kladno, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night only in a standard room. The bed and mattress were very comfortable, room was clean and quiet. Nice big walk-in shower in the bathroom. One thing I missed in the room was a hair dryer but luckily I brought my own. Otherwise, very nice stay, staff at reception friendly and helpfull and the breakfast was simply amazing - eggs, sausages, bacon, beans, several types of cereal, jams, cheeses and hams, fresh fruit and vegetables, sweet pastries, several types of bread and probably much more which I dont remember. Unfrotunately did not manage to go to the fitness centre or sauna.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your stay with us and nice comments about our services. We are glad you enjoyed our hospitality and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon. For your information, the hairdryer is placed in wardrobe rack in the room.