“Excellent food and great service”

Moravska Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 189 Restaurants in Olomouc
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Moravska is quite expensive for Olomouc, but the food is excellent and the service was really good. We asked the waiter for a wine suggestion to go with our meal (Argentinian beef), and were impressed that he recommended a reasonably priced local wine rather than the very expensive French wines. The wine turned out to be perfect to go with the beef too. The décor isn't anything to write home about, but a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Restaurant offers very good range of local and international (French) cuisine. I tried a local tastes (chicken soup with liver dumplings, duck breast) and I`m very satisfied. Draft good non-alcoholic beer is very good option for drivers, fantastic quality of coffe.
This is a smoking restaurant, allowed also during lunch time.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was a mixed bag. We really wanted a good, nice dinner out. We went to Moravska based on its menu and the reviews on various sites. The atmosphere was pretty good -- old world, rustic. The menu was great with lots of options. The prices were the highest but that's ok if it's worth it. We chose the chicken/ham/Olomouc, rib eye, mashed potaoes with onions, green beans with bacon, and mushroom sauce. It was all pretty good but very salty (and I love salt so that's saying a lot). We had a bottle of wine from the region suggested by our server that was good. But that brings me to the server -- smirking. That's the only word I can use to describe him. Ok, maybe efficient, too, but that constant smirk overshadowed it all. It's too bad really because we really wanted to enjoy this place and our dinner but I guess in the end, it was just ok at best.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Typical Czech food of great quality and served by professional and kind staff.
Furthermore the location is wonderful, right in the main square of the town.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed in the Moravian region of Czech republic for a week visiting friends and family eating outside most days. I love the traditional Czech food and although more indicated for the cold winter month, I could not resisit.
I was taken to this beautiful traditional restaurant in the central square in Olomouc to enjoy the local delicatessen – half a duck with red cabbage and dumpling all accompanied by lots of local beer.
The food was excellent – simple but full of taste and flavour. The restaurant is well cured and the service was perfect – the waiters all spoke good English. Will definitely go back for more. Note that this is a more upmarket version of most local restaurant so expect an higher bills compared to local Czech pubs.