“Awesome experience”
Review of Pension Na Hrade

Pension Na Hrade
Ranked #9 of 32 Olomouc B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great location & price; cute, tasteful extremely clean & spacious room. Would stay there again. No elevator, however; so not suited for people with extremely heavy suitcases &/or wheelchairs. Staff was extremely helpful. Breakfast a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 29, 2013

A small place less than 50 meters from the down-town square in a nice old street. Rooms are quite OK with basic facilities, but no tea/coffee making possibility in the room; breakfast sitting area very small just at the entrance lobby, but clean and generous; staff excellently pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SureshDenmark
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The 5 nights' stay in April 2013 was my second stay in Na Hrade. The penzion is well kept, with best location and very modern nearly by the main square of the old town of Olomouc. The costs are reasonable as well. The small terrace is a nice option for breakfast and even some relaxation under the sun. Perhaps, as a solo traveller, I should still have taken a double room instead of the single room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Javanainen
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is charmingly old on the outside and new, clean, and modern on the inside with wifi, flat screen tv and in-room safe. It's within walking distance of all the main sights, major restaurants, and shopping. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel honored a special request I made when I booked. The price was reasonable. I enjoyed the town and the hotel and would stay there again, hopefully in better weather. I think the city ls probably beautiful when all the trees are green and the weather is warm enough to enjoy the city's many parks. The hotel does have a nice, private terrace in back which would make a great place to sit and read in good weather.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at Penzion Na Hrade with my family in late April 2012. The pension is centrally located in Olomouc, and offers a personal feeling. We have stayed there once before, and were very pleased. This time our room had probably not been used for a couple of days (off season, maybe?), and the floors were extremely dusty. This kind of ruined it a bit for us... The bathroom was not cleaned properly, either. But the pension is a great choice for everyone visiting Olomouc. The rooms are spacious, new and you are right in the city centre. The breakfast is lovely, and since we were the only guests, the receptionist made everything just for the four of us. Fresh bread, cakes, ham, cheese, jam, coffe/tea, fruit, cereal and so on. On the down side the receptionist seem to be a little “lost”, and could not recommend restaurants, sight or the best way to get from A to B. But you cannot beat the location...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in June 2012. The hotel was clean and safe. I stayed on the top floor which is a bit like an attic. The room got very hot during the day. Like a previous reviewer, I too found condoms in the bedside table. The garden/patio behind the hotel is lovely. The hotel is very quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is my first review on Tripadvisor and I usually don't comment on hotels but this time I have a very personal and urgent need to write as I am from Olomouc and return there every year to meet my family and friends. This time I booked Na Hrade together with my husband and 2 little children. We booked the largest room in the penzion, which sleeps 4. The location is fantastic and you are literally 10 steps from the main square. The penzion itself is refurbished in the typical post-comunistic style with tiles everywhere which makes the communal area very noisy. Our room was very simply furbished and quiet only the church bells woke us up every day at 8am. The most shocking experience however awaited us on arrival at 10pm when I tried to put the kids to bed, I noticed that the beds have not been changed!!! The bedding had traces of lipstick and make-up. I called the reception and they asked me if I wanted them to change it??? In the end I ended up making the beds together with the receptionist who is the only member of staff I have ever seen it this place. Not a good start although we got an apology in the form of a fruit basket the next morning. Then we found packets of condoms in the bed side tables. So, I ask, who are these rooms marketed to??? Surely not families! The room service was non-existent and in 4 days nobody even bothered to empty our bins or remove dirty glasses let alone make our beds. The bathroom only has a shower which is difficult with small kids and the cleanliness overall is not good, with lots of dust behind the toilet and limescale everywhere. The penzion's terrace which is lovely cannot be used after 10pm not even for a quiet conversation because of a troublesome neighbour. So overall not a very pleasant experience and we did not feel the high rates were substantiated. Also the breakfast area is tiny with only 3 tables in so we struggled to fit the whole family in at one time. I would not recommend this place and we will not come again unless they improve their act.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family