“Best room in Europe.”
Review of Hotel Arigone

Hotel Arigone
Ranked #2 of 32 Olomouc B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed in room 241 on the eighth floor. The back wall of the room is glass with a panoramic view over the rooftops. The room is large with a king bed, seating area, large flat screen TV and mini fridge. The bathroom is super large with two sinks, jetted deep tub and shower. Even with the window open, the night was so peaceful we had our best nights sleep there. The location is right off the main square.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is located ideally in the very centre of the beautiful town, parking possible either on the street (free on weekends) or in the hotel parking lot. Interestingly equipped, not suitable for wheel chairs. Very clean. The personnel was very good, kind and helpful. Cuisine surprisingly good and not too expensive. Wines mostly local (Moravian). On Saturday night the restaurant was very busy, we ordered a set of meals for our room and waited almost 2 hours (the food was very good, that is still true).

Room Tip: Think about having a room in the rear - at nights people are browsing through the streets, singing...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MarekSvoboda
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the pension part of the complex, in the old town. We expected to reside in an old ,antique filled-room, what we got was the most modern room we've stayed in the whole trip.
Absolutely fantastic.All the amenities are there.Spa shower, very eclectic room, with interesting colors (ours was red).we loved it.The price was great, very quiet, friendly staff.Highly recommended the hotel and Olomouc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arigone, Front Office Manager at Hotel Arigone, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you very much for review. We are pleased, that you were with our services in hotel satisfied.
Best regards
Daniel Sram

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I spent a night at Hotel Arigone in early April 2013, and found both the hotel and city to be charming, accessible and affordable. Olomouc isn't a place to linger, but it's well worth an overnight stay. The hotel is located in a series of renovated buildings on a quiet cobbled street just two minutes from the main city square. Reception and a pub are in one building, and rooms and some spa facilities are in two adjoining buildings. The pub doubles as the breakfast room in the morning.

My room was bright and spacious and quite comfortable. I had requested a city view and had one over the rooftops from my small deck. What bargain hotel gives you a deck in your room? Admittedly, this is a bargain compared to, say, hotels in Prague - I think it may be one of the more expensive places in Olomouc. But it was less than half the price of similar places I stayed in bigger cities like Prague and Bratislava.

Breakfast was good and quite varied. Lots to choose from. I was set for the day with a long train ride ahead of me.

I liked Olomouc. It's a small city tucked away in Moravia. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, and I ate well at the local restaurants as well. An easy-to-use tram took me from the train station into town; the one issue I encountered was buying my tram ticket, because the agent's English and my Czech were both pretty sketchy so we ultimately got by mostly on sign language. But it worked. For an overnight stay, I thought my time was very well spent in Olomouc.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank U8138FMjeffs

Best regards
Daniel Sram

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were a group of 40 people who Stayed there for 5 nights early april
The hotel has recently been renovated and they did a tremendous job !!! We stayed in a fantastic room (241), Stunning view over Olomouc !
Staff at the reception could not be more helpful / friendly
Really good breakfast
Didn't try the restaurant so not gonna comment on the food
I will certainly use this hotel again !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was may third stay in this hotel. Rooms are clean and quiet. Staf was friendly and ready to help. Some problems with parking, but this can be expected because of narrow streets in old city. The Breakfests are OK with suficient ofer.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brainworkwatch
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hotel Arigone is a very good hotel in the center of Olomouc, within walking distance to many great restaurants and just across from the plaque honoring the geneticist Mendel. I had a large double room on the street side of the hotel. It is a relatively quiet street so noise was not a problem. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the clerk who checked me in was fluent in English. My only complaint is that wireless internet is not available in the rooms but is available in the reception and lounge areas. I will definitely select this hotel on my next trip to Olomouc.

Room Tip: Request a double room as a single occupancy will give you a single, twin-sized bed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business