“Right in the centre, very nice”

Jacob Brno Apartments - Hostel - Penzion
Ranked #1 of 53 Specialty Lodging in Brno
Valpovo, Croatia
“Right in the centre, very nice”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We only stayed one night, but we were impressed. All is very clean, you can even buy drinks there for very affordable prices (beer for 1€, a bargain). Very beautiful and nice girl was working on the reception. The breakfast was also great. Only thing is that it is located right in the city centre, which is good because everything is very close, but that night some band was playing below and it was very noisy.
I would return most definitely, to see more of the city. Oh, and to see the beauty at the reception, also :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jiri F, Manager at Jacob Brno Apartments - Hostel - Penzion, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you! We are really happy that you liked our hostel and our receptionist ;-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here with my friends right when they first opened and had a fantastic experience. The dorms and bathrooms were clean and pleasantly decorated, the breakfast was much more satisfying than you would expect at hostel prices, and most importantly the staff were very friendly and helpful. This is definitely my go-to hostel for Brno.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ImogenDW
We are more than happy that you liked our hostel! We try do to our best to make our guests feel good! :-)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I liked this hostel. Friendly staff, comfortable beds and clean bathroom, that's enough for a comfortable stay. Besides, I was lucky with a neighbor in the room. The only negative is the lack of parking. But public parking is a 5-minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yes, unfortunately we do not provide our guests with free parking, however you can always park your car at some of the parking places that we suggest at our website :-)
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great hostel. We stayed as a large group in the 6 bed dorm and the 11 bed dorm. Clean, tidy and fantastic views of Brno. The continental breakfast was spot on for the money too. Nice touch with sweets on reception.

Brno is such as nice city and I can honestly say I never met a bad person while I was there.
The staff were welcoming and always helpful. They helped us plan some activities and it all worked out as we wanted.

Thank you for a superb weekend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brno is, indeed, a beautiful city, and we are happy that you enjoyed your visit! We are always ready to help you with your questions or to plan an interesting activity! :-)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed for one night in a dorm bed at Hostel Jacob. Private rooms were unavailable and I stayed at another hostel in Brno the following night. I was impressed with the staff and the breakfast. I haven't had a hostel breakfast like that in my travels and I've stayed in a good few hostels in my lifetime. It's usually the standard fare (toast, butter, jam, cereal, instant coffee). The breakfast at Hostel Jacob is a step above the average. The view of the rooftops and the square from the breakfast room is breathtaking. Brno is one of my favorite larger Czech cities and the hostel is in a great location to explore the city and the countryside. I was looking for a trail to hike on in the Southern Moravia countryside. The fella on staff (Pavel?) pulled out a map and recommended what turned out to be a fantastic hike near where his family has a cottage. He looked up bus times for me and really took the time to make sure that I was sorted out. I'd stay there again for the breakfast and the customer service alone. I'd probably get a private room next time though. Nothing was wrong with the dorm. I just prefer private rooms. It was very clean as well, which I value. Overall, an excellent hostel experience and a good value. I will be staying there again the next time I return to Brno.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast! Thank you for your kind review :-)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The rooms were great, the bathrooms were clean, breakfast was included, wi-fi was free and accessible from our rooms - one of the best hostels we stayed in all holiday! The staff were helpful and there was always somebody on the front desk.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bonnybridge
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Right from the start everything was handled superbly. They were happy to answer emails prior to travelling and even arranged for checking in after normal hours. Pavel and Monika were cheerful, helpful and courteous. The rooftop apartment was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Ideal location, just a couple of minutes from main Freedom Square and walking distance to most of the main attractions.
Brno is a great place to visit. Plenty to do, lots of shops, lots of restaurants and bars and is very cheap.
Would highly recommend Brno and if staying there would highly recommend the Jacob Hostel.

Room Tip: If a couple, go for the rooftop terrace apartment.