“Room for improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Brno
Burien, WA
“Room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our family of 6 stayed here for 2 nights mid June. The positives were that the staff there was friendly and helpful, and the downstairs restaurant/brewery was nice. The downsides were that there was no air conditioning (next year they will have it) and we understood there was not much they could do about a heat wave of 95-100 degrees. We had their fans going non stop. Because it was so difficult to sleep well in a hot room, it made the noise from the terrace and restaurant dining even more annoying because we needed the windows open for circulation. Lastly, noise from construction next door. The hotel and staff, I am sure, is going through a difficult time now that will pay-off in the long run.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BTownBackpackers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had great stay at Pegas. Reception staff were excellent and very helpful and friendly, allowed us to keep our rooms until our late departure at no extra charge. Rooms clean and modern, minibar with coke, fanta, water, bottle beer free of charge. Good choice of food for breakfast and dining room kept very clean and tidy. Hotel is in perfect location. Would definitely stay at Pegas again and although there is building work going on next to the Hotel, the noise is not the fault of the Hotel. The cleanliness, value for money, lovely staff and location of the hotel make up for any building work taking place. Eat, drink and enjoy Brno....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MumSlavo
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here with four friends for a civilised stag weekend. Maybe it's an age thing - or our definition of civilised. A centrally located hotel with a brewery attached had a real appeal.

On the Friday evening that we arrived we decided to start with a beer or two in the bar area downstairs. There were plenty of free tables and we chose one in the non-smoking area. Having found a nice table we started sampling some of the fabulous beers. We proceeded to order some food - beer cheese was felt to be mandatory. It was so good we decided to stay there all evening, sampling more of the beers and adding a main meal. We had a wonderful evening and when it came time to pay the very reasonable bill - the waiter presented us with a small keg of beer, which we duly found space for in our room fridge. What fabulous service.

The rooms were clean and functional, ours was nice as it opened onto a small terrace. As other commentators have observed there are some building works going on that caused noise for some occupants and rather spoiled the view across the tiny courtyard / terrace. But who cares it was nice to be able to sit outside.

Luckily we had great weather and the only downside which stops me giving a full five star review is that the rooms did not have air-conditioning. This did not bother me but did prevent one of my friends getting a good nights sleep.

All in all I loved the place, both the hotel and Brno, and would not hesitate to return,

Room Tip: Rooms to the back quieter and on the second floor a couple with a terrace
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Leamington_Lemming
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Location in the center of Brno. Room is very sterility like in surgery. All you need you can find in the room. Good breakfast. Brewery and hotel in one building. After day you can drink good beer here. We would like to return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tatiana1982
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is ok but I was awoken before 7am both nights of my stay by industrial building equipment operating directly outside my room, which looked out onto the street. I don't mind an early start but the hotel is above a microbrewery/gastropub, which means that people are outside in the street shouting and puking until the early hours.

On the plus side, the gastropub downstairs serves very good regional food and beers brewed on the premises, and the breakfast at the hotel was better than that served at any of the Prague hotels I stayed at. They even throw in a bottle of their own brew in your complimentary minibar, which also has a few soft drinks in it. The hotel is excellently located in the centre of Brno, with all of the major sites (i.e. the whole town) being within about a ten-minute walk.

To echo the previous reviewer, I was concerned about paying for the whole stay upfront, especially when it turned out that the building work was going on.

I would recommend this place, but check with them before booking to see if the building work is still going on.

Room Tip: Maybe higher floors at the back of the hotel are better if you want to avoid the noise from drunken...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel has a great location. The staff was friendly and mostly helpful (one day, a staff member barely spoke English, however). The rooms were clean and were of good value. The big problem is that the building next door is under construction. There was a lot of banging when we arrived in the early afternoon and were told the workers finished at 4:00 pm. I was in a room at the northwestern part of the hotel and I could hear construction going on that first night until about 1:30 a.m. The next night, there was no night construction. The night after that, however, construction began at 3:15 in the morning! I was woken up of course and going back to sleep was impossible as the banging was constant. I asked the person at the desk for another room, got it, and was able to squeeze in a couple hours sleep. The hotel would be really good if it were not for the construction problem, which is evidently out of their control and presumably will end at some point. As a result, it is hard to know what rating to give, so I chose average. I should add one other thing. At the time I checked in, I was asked to pay for my entire hotel stay (three nights) in advance. I have never been asked to pay in advance at check-in for a hotel room before. I paid -- but it gave me a bad feeling. I now wonder if they made me do that because others have left because of the construction.

Room Tip: If you're in a room that borders the building under construction just to the west -- or even in...
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were at Hotel Pegas for just one night. We stayed on a double room with a bunk bed. The room was comfortable, but very hot in July . They provide ventilators on the room, but does not help too much. Open the windows helped a little bid at night, but it was a bid noisy outside. The breakfast was really nice, lot of options. Hotel is good located.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family