“Had a great stay; it's a beautiful city too.”

Best Western Premier Hotel International
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Only one night but everything was good. We had a late night snack in the wine restaurant (which has great beers and a pianist playing good music) instead of searching for a restaurant outside. The fitness center opens a little late but there is a very pretty park directly over the road from the hotel which you can run in. It's around an old fort and affords you views of the city. Really good breakfast too which was included in my rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelNutFromPA

Reviewed May 28, 2014

2nd visit to Brno on business and after staying in a hotel which had no air con I decided to go with a safe pair of hands. I booked in the UK on the day via the phone and asked for double was given a twin bed, okay I can live with that. Asked for air con got a room where it didn’t work gutted.

Ordered room service and it was shocking and overly priced for really rubbish re-heated and burnt chicken and chips. Asked for room change was told hotel was full.

Booked late check out which they didn’t have and had some elderly receptionist be rude to me and ask me for payment before presenting me a bill.

To top it off they offered me a car to the airport after I complained and then the bloke charged me which is fine if they told me upfront.

Ps not normally one for complaining but 2 stars only as location is good.

Room Tip: no idea as had bad room just ask for working air con
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jon6198
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed in the hotel only for two nights. Hotel is located in the exact middle of the town. Perfect breakfast even for gluten free diet. Also the staff from restaurant and reception was very kind and friendly. On my next trip to Brno I don´t have to hesitate where I will stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights and I would never expect so many friendly people in one place.Everyone was cheerful and happy to help me with anything I needed.The hotel is in great location right next to the main square of the city which was very convenient for me due to the lack of time during my trip to Brno. I would very much recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a great place to stay.I will gladly come back again.Come for the beer,stay for the bacon..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's been a while since I am this pleased with a hotel. It definitely is better than other Best Westerns I stayed at. The room was spacious with desk and excellent wifi. It had a minibar and hot kettle. The bathroom looked remodeled and was very comfortable. A small fault is that the shower head was on the side wall of the tub (instead of the head of the tub) which made it a bit awkward to shower since one has less room. I was on a high floor (9th) but I was able to open my window! Many hotels do not allow this on high floors anymore and one can really feel claustrophic. The bed was very comfortable and had a few pillows to choose from. There is a wellness center with sauna and pool but unfortunately I did not have time to use it during the 2 nights I stayed. Breakfast was great and had an excellent variety including a standby chef to make eggs on demand. There is a Nespresso machine as well as regular coffee. The location was really perfect and just across the street from the main shopping area and a church that supposedly is worth visiting. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. They were extremely welcoming on check in. I needed a late checkout and this was granted (although a colleague was not since they needed her room). There is not a real business center but a computer in the lobby with printer, but it was never being used when I needed to print. I really loved this hotel. Too bad not all Best Westerns are like this one!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank BrusselsSprouter
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed here only 1 night in a standard room on business. I was very satisfied with the hotel all in all. The hotel has a perfect location overlooking the castle and direct access to old town.
My room was facing the main street (app 40ms away) which is quite busy with cars and trams going all night, but due to pretty good sound insulation it was ok to sleep and not much noise.
The hotel has a spacious car park in front of the hotel.
The style and furniture in the room is nothing special, but the bathroom is very modern, new and clean, really liked it.
Bed is pretty hard, but ok.
Breakfast is quite ok, big choice.

Room Tip: ask for a room not overlooking the main street
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm always slightly wary when I see the Best Western sign in European countries but this was a real gem. I stayed here whilst attending an international conference which was being held in the hotel. Check in and out was quick and efficient. My room overlooked the city and had a great view over the roof tops and church towers. As other reviewers have said the breakfast is really good and the dining room open and light. A good fitness centre (you pay a small additional cost per visit) which is well equipped. Slightly bizarre if you go down in the dedicated lift too early in the morning as you end up in a small chamber facing a locked door. Slightly disconcerting but I guess it was my fault for being too keen to get to the gym. Very convenient location especially if you use the back entrance and walk down some steps straight into the old town. And Brno is a great place for a city visit.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business