Hotel Continental
$135
$103
  • Breakfast included
Orea Hotel Voronez II(Brno)(Great Value!)
$46
Orbitz.com
Hotel Europa(Brno)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsquality wineeconomy roomstar hotelfreshly made omelettesconvenient locationcity centresuperior roomshower roomfree wifibusiness hotelnice hotelbed was very comfortablebusiness tripstayed here for nightsrooms are cleanuniversitycohiba
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel continental, offers great service, food and drink. Based very close to the center Brno it is a great stop to be near many shops, bars and cafes.
The hotel offers clean comfortable rooms with plenty space. A great bar offering a wide selection of drinks and food.
A full breakfast bar sets you up for the day, great hot and cold meats, a wide selection of breads and good coffee is on offer

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Continental for three nights while at a conference at nearby Mendel University. I really did not know what to expect, on my first visit to Czech Republic.
The hotel is very central and has easy access to the city. My check-in experience was very good and my room, although small, was clean, comfortable and with fantastic views over the city, on the 11th floor.
I ate in the restaurant on my first night and this was easily the best meal of my entire stay in Czech Republic. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast in the hotel is wonderful, with plenty of choice and good food.
The only issue I had was that the lift was sometimes slow to arrive, which can be a problem on the 11th floor.

Room Tip: My room on 11th floor was quiet and had good views of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Sharon,

thank you for taking your time and writing this lovely review. I would like to explain the situation with our lifts. We are replacing windows in some parts of the hotel during the month of June and July. One of our three lifts is used by the repairmen only. It is a shame but there is no other way to get the new windows to the top floors and the old ones down. It is just the temporary complication.
Thank you again. We will be be more than happy to welcome you in Brno again.
My best regards

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Excellent location, friendly and helpful personnel. Any , minor problems, solved adequately and instantly. The only limitation: some of the people of the personnel, although so eager to satisfy any request, do not speak even a bit of English. Breakfast with enormous variety and very tasty. Last but not least: the human touch. It was my birthday on one of the days I stayed in this Hotel. I was on a business trip and when I came back in the room the evening of my birthday, I found on the desk a fresh flower in a vase and one elegant page with heartful wishes from the manager. It made me feel “at home” although so far away, such a day. Unusual, unexpected, heartwarming, impressive.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wonderful view and less noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Helen,
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. It is nice to hear that hotel staff is helpful and pleasant to our guest. It is true that some of our employees like room maids, cleaning staff or people from maintanance department do not speak english but there is always someone at the reception to translate and help.
We hope to see you again Helen.
With warm regards,

Petra Vicenikova

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed in the Continental for 2 nights in April 2013, the hotel was very clean, the staff were very professional and helpful, they all seemed to speak English, which helps. The rooms were a little on the small side compared to those that have been built more recently, the shower room in particular was quite cosy. I had a 'Superior' room on the 8th floor and it was furnished to a high standard with modern fitting and fixtures. The WiFi worked very well, the rooms were quiet at night. I enjoyed the breakfast, but we were out for other meals. The external of the Building is clearly from a different era which was quite cool really.

The hotel is only a few minutes from the centre of town with it masses of shops in a pedestrianised city centre, apart from the trams that is.

I will certainly stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Superior rooms, it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your complimentary words. We will be very pleased if you come again.
With my best regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and on both occasions it was for several days while working in Brno. The style of the building might perhaps be labelled as 'cold war' but the staff is friendly and the rooms are clean so I certainly would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Brno. Since I stayed for several days I would have welcomed a broader selection of english language TV channels but on the positive side the wifi is free and reasonably fast. The breakfast buffet has a vide selection though the hall wher it is served is perhaps not quite the place where you want to spend long time enjoying the breakfast. However the bar in the lobby is nice and if they would have something other than Starobrno (the main beer type in Brno but certainly not the best) on draught I would have stayed there even more than I did:-)

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors offer a great view of the city
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Petra V, Manager at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for the recommendation of our hotel. I am in contact with our satellite provider and they will try to change the selection of TV channels. Hopefully we can get more channels in english.
Our lobby bar and cafe have more seats outside now. The weather is nice and the seating area by the small pool with runnig water offers a good place to relax.
We will be very pleased to see you again.
Yours sincerely,