“Renovated and clean hotel in Brno”
Review of Holiday Inn Brno

Holiday Inn Brno
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The Holiday Inn is one of the few good hotels in Brno. I was traveled for bussiness and stayed just one night. This hotel is renovated and clean. It has a modern look. Rooms are roomy enough. The bathroom have a bath with shower. Sleeping quality could be better, because it was too hot in the room and the air condition did not work. Breakfast is rich enough, but nothing special. The wifi for free is very slow. In these day I have expected more speed.
As the kelflowerchic said: the stuff in the breakfast room should spend more time with care for the guest and less with talking to each other.
I would recomend this hotel for a short stay with no doubt.

Room Tip: Room 105 was very hot. Even in June You have to use the air condition. But it is one of the quietest...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Tomas T,

Thank you for posting your nice review regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Brno!

I am happy to read that you find your hotel modern, clean and the rooms well sized.
I would like to apologize for the problem air condition. Next time please do not hesitate to contact our reception and we wiil do everything possible to make your stay more comfortable.

Regarding the breakfast staff attitude. As I wrote before, right now we are constantly focusing on employee's caring attitude training. So we will be very grateful if you will inform us about this behavior next time.

Once again thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your stay in Brno! We look forward to welcoming you again next time.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed 2 nights in June for a weekend break. Overall the property disappointed me. The hotel is generally tired and well in need of a refurbishment. While I did not expect the hotel to be fantastic I at least expected a better welcome as an IHG elite, which didn't materialise (1 drinks voucher for 2 married guests, etc).I had a standard room and as an IHG Elite received no room upgrade despite the hotel being empty. I was later informed the 4th floor location of my room constituted an upgrade but this was frankly just not the case.

The room itself was very small indeed and very dated, as was the rest of the hotel. While I did not expect the hotel to be fantastic I at least expected a better welcome as an IHG elite, which didn't really materialise (1 drinks voucher for 2 guests, etc).

If you are looking to explore Brno, the location of the hotel is not convinient. It is aprox. 15 mins from the centre of Brno by public transport (bus) or 15 mins walking and a tram. As it is beside the exposition centre and has a bus to the Technology Park I imagine it serves its purpose for those locations. In terms of dining, the hotel restaurant/bar prices are more than double good quality local restaurants (as is often the case with brand hotels in the Czech Republic) but this is only for expense account visitors so why bother to compete. Its a shame as if my experience as an IHG member would have been better, despite the drawbacks, living in CZ, I would have been a regular visitor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Shamrock104,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I was very sorry to hear that our room design and size did not meet your expectations as we constantly pay attention to the appearance and condition of all our rooms.

We are happy that you were recognised as a IHG® Rewards Club Elite member by our reception staff at check-in and that you have been offered Welcome Amenity choice. This consist of drink or the points voucher per guest room for all our Gold and Platinum members.

Please note that hotel room uprage for Platinum Elite members might include rooms on higher floors, corner and quiet rooms or room with a preferred view. We are also always trying to consintently appreciate Gold Elite members loyalty offering them the best rooms in the cathegory.

Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and your loyalty to InterContinental Hotels Group.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Loyalty Champion about your concerns, queries or other requirements regarding IHG® Rewards Club at pcr@hibrno.cz

Please do not allow this one experience to prevent you considering us for planning your next trip.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

your standard Holiday inn, but nice enough.
The room is a good size, with mini bar and tea and coffee making, as well as TV and 4 hour renewable wifi [better than many Holiday Inn on that score]. There was also a sitting area with sofa and table and a work desk
The bathroom has a bath with shower over.
Its clean and smart as you expect from a big chain hotel.
The staff are friendly and speak good english.
The breakfast is good, cooked options including fresh made to order omlettes , as well as meats, cheese, breads etc.
There is a LITTLE gym with a treadmill, cross trainer, bike and a weird air powered multi gym. Nothing special but enough for a night or two.

Brno is a nice medium sized city as well, well worth a weekend break

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Russell E,

Thank you for your brief overview of your stay at Holiday Inn Brno. I am very pleased to find out that you liked our free WiFi connection and your room and that you found the staff helpful and friendly.

I am happy to hear that hotel breakfast was adequate for you and that you found everything you need on the table.

Again we would like to thank you for staying with us and hope we can welcome you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Located in the middle of nowhere, this place is as exciting as watching paint dry. Gym is minuscule, bathrooms are tiny, air con nonexistent, and overall, a complete disappointment. Only bright spot is the lobby bar, where you can smoke cigars, and the service has been consistently good and friendly. Not enough reason to come back, though.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank misha r
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear hi_stick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your time at Holiday Inn Brno.

Whilst I am pleased to read that you found our Lobby Bar to be relaxing, with attentive staff, I am sorry that you did not enjoy the overall ambience of the hotel.

As a hotel located near the exibition fair and close to the city center we are happy to offer our guests quiet location with easy reach to the Brno old town as well as the motorway.

There is a public transport stop in front of the hotel, taxi ride takes 5 minutes and costs only 4 euro one way. The other option is the nice and easy 25 minutes walk to the heart of the city passing the Brno main tourists attractions and restaurants like The Summer Pavilion At Mitrovskych, Starobrno Brewery, Spilberk castle or Petrov cathedral.

We are part of the Holiday Inn hotel chain that means we guarantee our guests the size of the room according to the european standard.

Please don't allow this one experience to prevent you considering us for planning your next trip as we can offer you one of our suites with bigger bathroom and I am sure you will enjoy a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here for one night during a business trip, exactly what is needed - clean, tidy, good food, good service, quiet. The hotel was also very good value for money. I can not comment on the location as I taxied in & out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel has a big parking lot so it's very easy to get in with luggages. I liked the food variety and taste. My room was next to the cleaners' room which resulted that I woke up around 6 when they slammed the doors and opened the water tap. (It was not their fault it was the lack of soundproof walls) Overall the hotel is good but this experience shadowed it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Loment,

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice comments regarding our parking space and I am also happy that you liked our food offer and its quality.

I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for your morning experience.
We have communicated this with our housekeeping staff.

Our hotel prides itself on an excellent quality of sleep and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the near future so we can prepare a quiet room for you.

Once again thank you for your comments as we greatly value hearing all of our guests’ feedback.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I spend there two nights on my business trip and I was well satisfied.
Today I start with cons. I can only think of one and that is a location. Hotel itself is situated right next to Brno exhibit center. It is a 10-15 mins car ride from train, and bus central stations or from a downtown. And there is not so good coverage by city transport system.

Pros.
Insides of hotel looks very representative, staff is very helpful and provides all informations right on check in. Service is in my point of view high above average level. In bathroom was actualy bath tube, quite nice was extra small and large towels. There was also more then enough electric plugs (phone, tablet, notebook, netbook).
Breakfast will satisfied you more then enough. There are plenty of everything.

Last of all was prize. For this kind of hotel and service, I will gladly pay more then one and half then they charge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vojtěch L
Petr S, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Brno, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Vojtěch L,

Many thanks for your kind feedback on our hotel. I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased by the services offered by our team.
We are also delighted that you liked your room and bathroom and was able to plug your devices everytime you need it.

Again I would like to thank you for your comments and we do hope to have the chance to welcome you again.