$159
$86
$84
$132
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand hoteltrain stationexecutive suiteliquid soapold townstandard roomczech republicmain stationcentral locationfresh fruitthe air conditioningcoffee machinevisit brnobreakfast was includedtown centrenice bathroomparking place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is right in front of Brno train station. It has been running since 1870 so the list of people that have stayed in the hotel includes T.A Edison, Emperor Franz Joseph and some others. Despite of its old age, this hotel does only look old in the outside. The inside is very modern with a nice bar and a very decent restaurants. The rooms are big and comfortable and the stuff is welcoming. It is walking distance from the center of the city, so it is the perfect spot for the traveller.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for the positive comments you have made. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay in Brno, appreciating the hotel and its city centre location, as well as our helpful staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Grandhotel Brno soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is attached to casino that you cannot avoid cigarette smoke in the lobby, cafe and also hallway even on the 4th floor that they call "no smoking" floor. I could smell smoking in my room and need to turn on the ventilation fan in the bathroom nearly all night.
The toilet did not flush properly and have to wait 15 minutes for water to full up to tank for next flush as well as faucet of wash basin that water run half of what it supposes to that hot water didn't work properly (imagine my trip in winter time).
The most important one is the bed was so small. My french colleagues complained so much about this and it was not comfort at all. We noticed that it started to have more Chinese group tour in this hotel in the last couple of our stay. I got slight better rate with a full prepayment.
it's not too bad comparing to price. If there is other choice, I would prefer to pay higher for a better sleep hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room at the corner of each floor if I recall 219. It's the smallest that you cannot walk if you open your luggage (2 sides or full size luggage).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

first of all I want to thank you for giving us feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding the smoke smell. Our hotel and all its premises are non smoking.
We believe that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again in the future and will be very pleased to offer you one of our spacious and comfortable Superior or Deluxe Rooms.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here twice, once in Nov-12 and once in Dec-12, both for business

Pros:
Rooms are quite big and spacious
Breakfast is nice
Location is the best advantage, walking distance from the city center and still away from all the noise
Good value for money
Taxi stand right outside the hotel
Friendly staff

Cons:
Even though the entire hotel is non-smoking, there in the constant smell in the common areas which is a put off
No ramp at the entrance to drag the luggage, will have to lift the luggage for around 4 steps
Furniture and fittings are dated

Room Tip: Higher up on the south side for a good view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your feedback.
We would like to inform you, that according to the decision taken by our management all our guest rooms as well as the whole public area are non smoking now.

We hope that will get the opportunity to show you the usual high standard of our services.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel since 2007 and stopped a couple of times a year. I love it. The staff are brilliant they couldn't do more for you. The breakfast is fantastic, so much to choose from. I always ask for the same room. When I stop here it feels like home. Yes it's not a modern hotel but it reminds me of my child hood at the Grand in Scarborough. The rooms are spotless. I have not tried the evening meals as i tend to go for a wonder.

Room Tip: I always go for the same room which at the back of the hotel but not much of a view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your experience and your recommendation.
We are pleased to hear, that you had an enjoyable stay and that we met your expectations.

We are looking forward to your next visit at the Grandhotel Brno! If there is anything else we could do for you, just feel free to contact us.

With best regards

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Actually it wasn't as bad as I was expecting when I reas the reports - but if you don't like a lobby and barfogbound with cigarette smoke, and very narrow, short single beds......I suggest you find a different hotel.

Disappointingly small rooms and dated decor in the public areas and rooms. Breakfast was ok but not exciting and the staff were generally pleasant, but no stand out service

Proximity to the station may be an advantage if you arrive late (probably better to bring a burly friend to walk with) but that's the only plus I can consider.

The 'not very' Grand Hotel, Brno

Room Tip: High and at the back to see the Petrov area
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your views are very valuable to us and we will consider them in the next investments to be made at the Grandhotel Brno. We very much look forward to welcoming you at the Grandhotel Brno again. We will be very pleased to offer you one of the following spacious and comfortable room categories: Standard Double Room, Superior Room, Deluxe Room or Junior Suite.