“Good experience”

New Delhi, India
“Good experience”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here twice, once in Nov-12 and once in Dec-12, both for business

Pros:
Rooms are quite big and spacious
Breakfast is nice
Location is the best advantage, walking distance from the city center and still away from all the noise
Good value for money
Taxi stand right outside the hotel
Friendly staff

Cons:
Even though the entire hotel is non-smoking, there in the constant smell in the common areas which is a put off
No ramp at the entrance to drag the luggage, will have to lift the luggage for around 4 steps
Furniture and fittings are dated

Room Tip: Higher up on the south side for a good view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your feedback.
We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding the smoke smell.
We would like to inform you, that according to the decision taken by our management all our guest rooms as well as the whole public area are non smoking now.

We hope that will get the opportunity to show you the usual high standard of our services.

Grandhotel Brno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel since 2007 and stopped a couple of times a year. I love it. The staff are brilliant they couldn't do more for you. The breakfast is fantastic, so much to choose from. I always ask for the same room. When I stop here it feels like home. Yes it's not a modern hotel but it reminds me of my child hood at the Grand in Scarborough. The rooms are spotless. I have not tried the evening meals as i tend to go for a wonder.

Room Tip: I always go for the same room which at the back of the hotel but not much of a view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your experience and your recommendation.
We are pleased to hear, that you had an enjoyable stay and that we met your expectations.

We are looking forward to your next visit at the Grandhotel Brno! If there is anything else we could do for you, just feel free to contact us.

With best regards
Cambridge
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Actually it wasn't as bad as I was expecting when I reas the reports - but if you don't like a lobby and barfogbound with cigarette smoke, and very narrow, short single beds......I suggest you find a different hotel.

Disappointingly small rooms and dated decor in the public areas and rooms. Breakfast was ok but not exciting and the staff were generally pleasant, but no stand out service

Proximity to the station may be an advantage if you arrive late (probably better to bring a burly friend to walk with) but that's the only plus I can consider.

The 'not very' Grand Hotel, Brno

Room Tip: High and at the back to see the Petrov area
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your views are very valuable to us and we will consider them in the next investments to be made at the Grandhotel Brno. We very much look forward to welcoming you at the Grandhotel Brno again. We will be very pleased to offer you one of the following spacious and comfortable room categories: Standard Double Room, Superior Room, Deluxe Room or Junior Suite.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Grand Hotel is located in the city center, opposite the main railway station and bus station. The staff is very nice and helpful. We were staying in a Standard double room on the first floor. The room was very spacious with high ceilings and windows overlooking the main street. Despite the focus on the main road was enough room soundproofed. Hotel and room were clean. The bathroom was spacious, clean with a bath, sink and toilet. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the building, was missing and wired internet in the room. Breakfast was downstairs in the conservatory, from which the view through the large glass windows on the main street. They were very tasty and rich, they are not beyond reproach. I recommend Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mazzsk
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing our Grandhotel Brno for your stay and positive comments you have made. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that we met your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Grandhotel Brno soon.

Norfolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been to Brno on a few occassions but normally stay in an appartment (as husband works in Brno), however, this year I had family and friends with me so we decided on The Grand. EXCELLENT choice.
We found it comfortable, welcoming, friendly and so accomodating.
Breakfast choice was amazing (as was the breakfast room). The bar was fantastic and we all made the most of it (the bar steward, Martin, was brilliant..a special thanks to him).
The rooms were huge and so comfortable (I had room 126 which was a front facing room, with sofa, double bed, amazing bathroom,desk, table and chairs, need I go on ?)
Location is central with everything you need within easy walking distance.
The hotel is spotlessly clean.
I can not express how happy we all were with oiur stay in The Grand. Thank you to all there who made our stay in Brno a truly magical experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nes33
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time in our Grandhotel Brno and that our good service and excellent quality we provided have made your stay a very remarkable one. We strive to meet the needs of our valued clients. It was a pleasure to read your comments. Thank your very much.
Especially on behalf of our Food & Beverage Manager I would like to thank you. Your comment has already been passed on.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back some time at the Grandhotel Brno again.

SF Bay Area
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having read the some of the reviews here I was expecting a speakeasy or low end Vegas-style motel. As hard as I looked though I did not see any ladies of the evening in the bar (geriatric or otherwise), nor did I encounter any epic instances of cigarette smoke. In fact, every standing ash tray I saw was raked to a Zen garden-like perfection and the hotel's name was stamped carefully into the sand.

The hotel is a short walk from the train station. The nearby construction made it hard to see but a craning of the neck to the right as you exit the station will keep you on course. The desk staff were absolutely charming. I found them all to be earnest and professional. I don't think they've learned they can loosen up and be folksy so it is hard to get a big smile from them, but their attention to detail and crisp courtesy were very much appreciated.

I requested a room at the back of the hotel and found myself on floor 3. My single room had a very large sparkly clean modern bathroom with a giant towel warming rack. The big window opened out onto a back street which was lined with green trees filled with chirping birds.

The closet was quite large and contained a safe. The main room was a perfect size for one. The tv was older but I found I got many English channels and never had a problem with the reception. The mini fridge was a great place to stash my yogurt and milk and the rest of the room's amenities (iron, glasses, desk items, extra blankets) fell right in line with what I expected from this level of hotel.

The floor to ceiling window in this room looked out on the same lane as the bathroom but I had a lovely view of an onion-shaped building top. I enjoyed hearing the church bells ring and except for one neighbor who could not seem to stop talking on his phone in the hallway when he came and went, never heard a peep from anyone.

The breakfast room was very well stocked. My breakfast was included in the room rate so I was filtered off to the buffet area as I entered the room. I noticed others were seated in a small room to the side. The breakfast choices were vast; scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, a salad bar, a bread table, a cereal table and a very large magical coffe/espresso machine that was easy to operate.

I found I liked the old world service and atmosphere of the Grand Hotel. Although the hallways may be unfamiliarly long and wide and the decor a few decades past, this hotel's stars are based on the services provided. I found it to be an accurate reflection and would stay here again and again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Michele_Emeritus
Grandhotel B, Front Office Manager at Grandhotel Brno, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for the positive comments you have made.
It is always a moment of satisfaction to hear, that good service and excellent quality we provided have made your stay a very remarkable one.

Thank you for your positive feedback and your recommendation, we are looking forward to welcoming you back some time at the Grandhotel Brno again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for one night after a recommendation by local contact. The hotel looks like one from the 1960 old decor, terrible selection of colors. The room is reasonable size and clean, but no amenities, old TV set, and not welcoming as one might expect. The location is good right next to the bus station and train that gets you to Vienna for instance. Paid 130 Euro but I have stayed in modern ones for less than that.

• Stayed November 2012