“Good beer, good food!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hey everyone!

Good food, good beer, prices were quite low. I was there during the Moto GP this year so the review is quite fresh. The TripAdvisor question: "Is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?" is quite funny. Yes, the food was great, but the best meals I ever had? Mm... no. I had some steak - and though it was "steak" in the menu, it was pig - which came as a surprise to me - so better ask if it's pig or beef. The other thing is that not everyone there speaks English or German so it might be difficult to communicate properly what you need. Otherwise - beer was good, atmosphere was good, food was good - don't get me wrong, I'm a picky person and it's hard to say "one of the best meals I've ever ate"... This is a life and death thing :))) and it wasn't the case.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a really great meal of sirloin in a kind of pumpkin gravy with a massive potato dumpling and some really great malvaz polotavy beer for breakfast .the coffee was also pretty good.lots of tables in theshade to escape the summer sun. They have English menus and English speaking staff which helps as well.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This brews Starobrno beer (Old Brno). Limited food options but the staff was very patient with explaining to me the brewing and history even though I speak no Czech. Worth the trip.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I pass the Brewery almost everyday and I like the smell so typical for making beer. Though I drink beer only in summer and prefer nonalkoholic so called Free beer, I like the fact they are open for tourists. You can book your visit and have a look to the heart of the modern factory that developed from work of monks in convent. PIVO, the Czech word for beer, ment drink generally. It was recommended to drink as it was healthier than water in medieval town contaminated with pathogens. Nowadays water is of better quality but use this info and do not take any risk.

1  Thank UGM_BRNO
Reviewed May 18, 2013

As part of budgeteurotrip.com tour I visited the Starobrno brewery and I can say that it has the best czech beer (nepastorizovane and nefiltrovane) and very good restaurant. During the good season the outdoor terrace is full of people enjoying their own brewed beer. Only minus is that there is no free-smoke zone, as in the whole Czech rep. Such a shame that a no-smoker has to be bothered the whole time when eating and drinking. Gulas and (in winter) mashroom soup are just fantastic!