“Fun not only during the Beer Festival”
Review of Starobrno Brewery

Starobrno Brewery
Ranked #12 of 989 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I pass the Brewery almost everyday and I like the smell so typical for making beer. Though I drink beer only in summer and prefer nonalkoholic so called Free beer, I like the fact they are open for tourists. You can book your visit and have a look to the heart of the modern factory that developed from work of monks in convent. PIVO, the Czech word for beer, ment drink generally. It was recommended to drink as it was healthier than water in medieval town contaminated with pathogens. Nowadays water is of better quality but use this info and do not take any risk.

1  Thank UGM_BRNO

Reviewed May 18, 2013

As part of budgeteurotrip.com tour I visited the Starobrno brewery and I can say that it has the best czech beer (nepastorizovane and nefiltrovane) and very good restaurant. During the good season the outdoor terrace is full of people enjoying their own brewed beer. Only minus is that there is no free-smoke zone, as in the whole Czech rep. Such a shame that a no-smoker has to be bothered the whole time when eating and drinking. Gulas and (in winter) mashroom soup are just fantastic!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Can´t stop thinking about this great place to eat and drink beer. Was one of the best places I visited in Brno in my short stopover.

The beer is extremely cheap (doing Euro conversion), they brew it themselves. It’s a famous place as well where people meet up.
The food was really good; I ordered the “roast pork knee”, fantastic. Approximately 1 kilo!

The place has a good service, best prices, and a great Czech atmosphere. Guys, come and visit Brno, and for sure Starobrno Brewery worth it.

I certainly will come back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Before we had some beers, we ordered something to eat. We decided for the mixed plate of meat. Together with some very special saussages, we had some very special cheese. The decision to take this mixed plate was the best, because you can taste so different things. The beer was very good as well as the "Slibowitz".

Reviewed February 11, 2013

If you like to taste new cultures, go here! They will serve you great traditional Czech food and of course, the delicious beer: Starobrno!
We went there a couple of times because the food and drinks are cheap and the staff is nice.
The place is easy to walk to from the city centre, or you can take the tram from the main Trainstation. (tram 1)
I recommend it for anyone who is travelling, living or studying in Brno.